VIII

Jason's POV

I sat in my office chair that was in the basement of my house. It wasn't a big home but it was enough for me. I'm hiding from the police, they are after me for the murders of 10 women. I don't think I'll ever get caught, the only person I need is Rachel. But she's gone. He killed her. And I'm going to get my revenge on him.

I looked at the news playing on the small TV that sat on the other side of my office. It was from yesterday's accident, I grinned. It was successful.

Raymond Manchester is severely injured. I needed him to be down so Henry would be easily accessible. I've been working up a plan for months and it's finally going into motion.

"Charles! Bring me some candy!" I exclaimed to my bodyguard that was outside of my office door. A few moments passed before I heard a,

"Yes sir," I smirked. I was feeling a little on edge right now, I bounced my knee against the floor. My shoe is making a tapping noise.

Suddenly my phone started ringing, snapping me out of my daze. I reached over and picked up the phone.

"Yo," I stated.

"Hey, Jason. I did it." She stated on the other line. I grinned,

"What exactly did you do?"

"I did what you asked. I hit Ray and made contact with Henry. Can you let him go? Please?" She pleaded. I shook my head,

"No. We have more things to do Carol. I need you here tomorrow for something else." I muttered already feeling annoyed. She sighed,

"Okay, I'll be there." She replied. I smiled.

"Good. Good. Now get off my phone." I hissed. She hung up Immediately, I slammed my phone in the holder and slouched in my chair. I wasn't going to let her brother go. Not yet anyway. I slammed my fist on the desk in frustration, I needed to make the final move before I let him go.

I heard a knock at my door before he opened it.

"Here you go sir," he said, placing the plastic bag full of gummy worms on my desk. I grabbed the first package I could reach and opened the bag if sugar,

"Thank you Charles," I said with a grateful smile.

"No problem sir," he said about leaving.

"Hey before you go. Bring in Rachel for me." I muttered as I chewed on a gummy worm. He gave me a short nod before walking out again.

It wasn't long before Charles was pushing her through the door, she was tied to the wheelchair. He slowly pushed her in front of my desk. I stared at Rachel. Her face was bruised and purple around her eyes, she's knocked out with the drug I used to kill all my victims.

"Thanks," I said. He nodded and walked out of my office shutting the door behind him. I sat there and watched.

I slowly chewed on my gummy worm as I watched the news. They gave me a name ' the cocktail killer'

"The mixture of chemicals that are found in the victim's blood is the reason we named him the Cocktail killer. He's been on a killing spree for years, police are finally getting a lead with the most recent murder victim-"

I turned off the tv before the news anchor said anything more. I already knew what they found. It wasn't going to help their case, it'll just be a cold case in a few weeks.

"Wha-" Rachel groaned as she pulled in her tied wrists. I put my finger over my mouth,

"Shhh, it's alright Rachel," I muttered as she glared at me,