VI

Henry's POV

I was sleeping when I heard a loud bang from downstairs. Jake jumped off my bed and started barking. I leaned over and grabbed the gun that was in my nightstand drawer, and made my way to the door of my bedroom. I slowly turned the knob and entered the hallway, I walked slowly to the top of the stairs and looked down. I heard another thud. I slowly crept down the stairs, Jake let out a bark and ran down the stairs.

"Jake! Get your ass back up here!" I hissed. He didn't listen and ran towards the kitchen, now I really wish i had a security system. I rushed after Jake not sure who the intruder was, I really hope it's not a crackhead.

I entered the kitchen and noticed my broken window that was behind my kitchen table and then the body laying on the floor. I reached over and switched on the light, the first thing I saw was blood.

"What the fuck?!" I exclaimed pointing the gun at the man laying on my floor.

"Sorry about the window. I could find the key." I quickly realized it was Ray.

"Boss?" I questioned placing my gun on the counter. He looked up at me and glared,

"Stop standing there and help me up." he hissed. I reached down to help him up with his arm.

"What happened? And why is there blood on my kitchen floor?"

"Umm I got hit by a car in front of the law firm. I didn't get the license plate. But i was walking to my car when they hit me without stopping." he explained as I helped him sit on the chair. He held his left arm to his chest. His face was swollen, the left side of his face was caked with blood. He looked real bad,

"Oh my god. Shit. Why didn't you call 911?" I questioned. He reached in his pocket and pulled out his shattered phone.

"My phone broke when I got hit. So I just walked over to your house. I don't know how I made it this far without passing out." He said grunting with pain.

"Okay. I'm going to take you to the hospital, don't fall asleep."

I explained as I put on some slide-ins and ran to my room to grab my phone upstairs. I rushed back downstairs and helped Ray to my car,

"No. I don't want to go to the hospital. They're going to put me all over the news, i don't want my rivals to see me as weak." he grunted. I shook my head,

"I have a friend who's a doctor. He won't tell the media about your identity, I swear." I explained as I pushed him on the passenger seat, he sighed and nodded.

"Okay. Thank you," he whispered.

"No problem Ray."

***

I called my friend before we went to the hospital and I made sure to let him know that his identity needed to be a secret. but that was 2 hours ago, Ray is in the operating room now. I haven't heard anything from anybody yet, I hope he isn't hurt too badly because that would suck for everyone. Including Charlotte, she would be really devastated. Speaking of, I hope she's okay. The last time we talked was about a few weeks ago and that was for New Years, and it's almost February now. She was talking about how she wanted to learn how to bake, and how she made some chocolate chip cookies that were really good.

I glanced at my watch, the time just turned 1 am. Suddenly a woman in scrubs approached me with a kit in her hand,

"Hey Mr?" she questioned, I looked up at her and she gave me a warm smile.

"Yeah. what's up?" I muttered, looking at her a little confused.

"Um you're bleeding out your side. Do you need me to bandage it?" she asked with a small smile. I looked down at my shirt and she was right, it was bleeding through. It's taking forever to heal, I'm trying not to get it infected by cleaning it every night.

"Yeah I do need help with this wound," I replied as I pulled my shirt up. Exposing my greenish brownish wound, it doesn't hurt as much but it's still sore. The nurse sat in the chair next to mine and laid out the items to clean my wound. She began wiping my wound with peroxide,

"So what's your name?" I asked as she cleaned my wound,

"Carol Peters. What's your name?"

"Henry."

"How did you get this deep wound Henry?" she asked softly. I shrugged my shoulder,

"I was drunk and had a little scuffle with some dude and he stabbed me. I tried to sew it up about 2 months ago." I explained. I wasn't going to tell her the whole truth obviously,

"Oh wow! You did a good job on sewing it, it's slowly healing but you'll probably need some antibiotics," she muttered as she placed gauze on my wound,

"Oh okay. I'll ask my doctor."

She taped up the gauze and patted my shoulder,

"Here you go. All done," she announced.

"Thank you Carol," I said with a smile, she grinned giving me a wink.

"Anytime Henry," she said with a flirtatious tone. I stood up and reached out my hand to shake hers.

"Since you fixed me up. On your next break can I buy you a coffee?" I asked with a smirk, she nodded eagerly.

"Yeah sure! I get off my shift at 5 am so if you're still here you can take me."

"Okay cool." she smiled and walked to the elevator. I gave her a slight wave as the doors closed.

I looked down at the ground and smiled. Carol is nice. I hope we can be cool friends. Maybe Charlotte would like to meet her. That would be awesome.

I miss you Charlotte.

End of Chapter 6...

A/N: Hey! Sorry about the short ass chapter but let me know your thoughts about this book so far! I will try and get faster updates on this story. Alright see ya!

Love ya,

Bri