XII

5 years ago

Henry's POV

I sat in my car, across the street from the place Raymond Manchester wanted me to scout before I killed the man inside the rundown building. I'm really just waiting for my co-worker to give me a signal, I have no idea what she looks like because Ray decided not to give me any details on what this woman looked like.

I really hope I can pull off this kill because I need to make a good impression. And I need the money, I sipped the Red Bull I had bought from the local gas station as I watched the building. Suddenly my phone rang, I glanced at my phone screen. It was an unknown number. I decided to answer it by placing the phone to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hey. I need you to bring the package." The female toned voice said. I'm sure it's my new partner, Ray said I would receive a 'signal' from her. I glance at the shoebox full of cocaine,

"Sure I'll be there up in a sec. What floor are you on?"

"The 7th floor. See you soon." she said before hanging up. I sighed and turned off my car and grabbed the shoebox.

I shut my car door and walked towards the building, once inside I noticed it was an empty apartment building. I climbed the stairs to the 7th floor, adoving the gaps in the stairs. I knew exactly which room they were in because it was dimly lit. I walked in the room and found a man and a woman making out on a dingy couch, I felt as if I walked in on something and now I feel awkward.

"I got the package." I said , clearing my throat. The couple stopped kissing and looked at me, the woman stood up and walked towards me. She looked so beautiful in her royal blue maxi dress, I felt my face flush as she smirked, flying me a wink.

"Thank you." she said before taking the box out of my hand. Before she turned around she reached up in my ear and whispered,

"Wait for my signal and kill him." she whispered in my ear, I nodded wordlessly she backed away and turned around walking back to the old man.

"Who's he?" The older man asked, looking at me slightly pissed because I ruined his make out session.

"Just a friend." she replied as she straddled his waist leaning in close.

"Okay well he needs to leave soon." he hissed with annoyance, shooting me a glare. I gave him a cheeky smile.

"My bad. I'll see my way out." I said before walking out into the hallway.

"I cant believe that he just barged in." the old guy scoffed as soon as I walked into the hallway.

"Don't worry about him. I got your coke, so tell me. Do you know who Jason is?" i heard her say. I listened slightly confused, who is Jason?

"I don't know who you're talking about," he said.

"Alright then. Come on in." she announced. Talking to me, I walked back in the room and drew my gun.

"Woah! Why are you pointing a gun at me?! What the hell!?" the guy exclaimed as I curled my finger around the trigger pointing towards his head.

"Shh relax... it won't hurt." she muttered before giving me a short nod. I pulled the trigger without hesitation. Blood splashed the wall behind the man and the women i n front staining her dress.

"Oh shit. I'm sorry!'' I exclaimed as I watched the woman wipe fresh blood off the top of her dress. She rolled her eyes,

"Its fine." she grumbled. Standing up and pouring the cocaine over his dead body and then walking towards the door I followed her out to the hallway.

"This dress was so cute." she mumbled with a small frown.

"I'll buy you a new one. I know I didn't really introduce myself." I held out my hand,

"My name is Henry." she accepted my hand and gave it a shake.

"Rachel or I'd prefer it if you called me Charlotte though. I don't need you to buy me a new one, it's all good. I'll just have Ray buy me a new one." she said with a chuckle giving me a small wave, i smiled as I watched her laughing. Damn she's gorgeous.

"So are you busy after this?" I asked now outside standing by my car. She shook her head,

"No, I'm not. What do you plan on doing?" she said with a smirk.

"Nothing major. I'm just hungry and was wondering if you wanted to grab a bite to eat."

"Yeah I would like that, but I'm not sure where you're going to find an open restaurant at 3 in the morning." she said, giving me a weird glance.

"Well if not then we'll figure it out. Do you need to follow me?" I wondered if I would have to give her a ride.

"Actually I was wondering if you could drive me home? Ray drove me here so I don't really have a way home."

"Sure. I'll drive you home after we eat.'' I said unlocking my car. She nodded and got in the passenger seat.

***

The only place that was open at 3am is a Waffle House and we're currently sitting in a booth with her across the table from me. I lend her my jacket so she can cover her blood stained dress, and so the waiter isn't disturbed and call the police.

"I love this place Henry. How'd you know?" She asked with a gentle smile,

"Waffle House is everybody's favorite place." I said with a laugh, she shrugged her shoulder,

"I guess you're right. I mean you can't hate this place."

"I'll be with y'all in a second." The waitress said from behind the counter.

"Okay." I responded, we both sat in silence. I had a question itching at my throat that I wanted to ask her. But I don't want to be intrusive, I ask anyway.

"Hey Charlotte. Was that older guy your boyfriend?" I asked. She let out a loud laugh, covering her grinning face.

"Of course not silly! I was just gaining his trust so he could tell me if he knew Jason or not. I usually ask before I kill them, it's like a routine for me now."

"Oh." I said dumbfounded. "If you don't mind me asking, who is Jason?" Her face fell into a blank stare, I must have hit a nerve.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you upset." I added slightly embarrassed.

"No it's fine. Jason is the reason my sister is dead, she died of an overdose almost a year ago. She left me a letter and it had his name in it. I'm looking for him so I can avenge my sister."

"Oh. I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thank you. She was my only family and now I'm alone. I don't have any family," I frowned and reached across to grab her hands. She didn't flinch,

"We'll find him and kill him." I reassured her by squeezing her hands. She nodded and closed her eyes,

"Yeah we will."

End of chapter 12...

A/N: Don't kill me please! Online school is kinda stealing my time to write, hence why this chapter is so short. I hope you enjoyed this little flashback, it's not really important to the plot but I wanted you guys to see how they met. I didn't really proof read lol let me know if there are any errors in this chapter.

ALSO I got  a new story, its called 'Broken Promises' it's something different ;) Go check it out for me! Okay see ya'll!

LOVE YA, 

Bri <3