XI

A/N:You guys can reread chapter 10 if you need to!

I made my way back to the hospital room Ray was staying in, knocking on the door before opening it. I'm hoping that they finished their conversation so I can feel like I'm not in the middle,

"So are you guys good?" I asked the pair as I closed the door behind me,

"Yeah we're good, we just had a tiny misunderstanding." Ray started giving a glance in Charlotte's direction, she just rolled her eyes in response.

"Whatever." I heard her mutter, I walked over and sat next to Charlotte on the small couch they had in the hospital room.

"So here's the list. There are only 3 names on there, but that should be all I think. If someone else pisses me off then ill just give you another list, um try not to make a mess with them. You don't have to dispose of their body, leave them as a warning to the person who hit me." He explained with a deadpan look, I nodded wordlessly as I took the folded piece of paper from his hand.

"Okay," I muttered looking at the 3 names on the paper, all males with numbers on the bottom of their names besides the last name. Oliver Smith. He's a known businessman in New York, hmm wonder what he did.

"The number on the bottom of their names is what they owe me, the last one is a job that someone asked me to do but that was before I got hit by a car. So you're doing it for me,"

"How do they want him?"

"Like a robbery gone wrong, leave this at the scene." he handed me an earring that was in a baggie,

"Umm, what do you want me to do about this earring? What is this supposed to mean?" I asked confused, this is new. I never had to put something in the same place I killed the person,

"The person who hired me said they wanted to frame someone for it. Way above my paygrade but that's what he wanted for a few hundred thousand, get it done in the next few days."

"Okay cool. So how's your arm?" I asked bluntly remembering the way the bone was poking out under the skin. I shivered at the memory, it was only a few nights ago when it happened but it still grossed me out a bit.

"They had to shift it back in place and now I have to wear this brace for about 3 months. My pain medication is starting to wear off," He said looking at his gauzed wrapped arm, I watched as Charlotte reached over and grabbed Ray's unharmed hand giving it a squeeze.

I knew he wouldn't stay mad at him forever. She's so stubborn sometimes, she would say the sky is blue on a rainy day. And I would have to just roll my eyes and agree, maybe that was a bad analogy but you get the point...

---
I took a glance at the clock for the third time in the past 15 minutes, it was nearing 4 pm and I was ready to go. I'm glad Ray is happy and healthy but I don't like the atmosphere of the hospital. Lucky Ray stopped talking and drifted off to sleep within the next 5 minutes after the nurse gave him some morphine.

"C'mon let's go, Sam,'' I muttered after a long stretch of silence making sure to use her fake name. I watched Charlotte staring his sleeping face,

"You know sometimes I want to kill him because he pisses me off a lot but now I don't want him gone. You and Ray are the only close family I have, I don't know what I would do if I lost one of you."

"I understand what you're saying. And you don't have to worry about losing me or Ray. he will get better soon and I'll make sure he does.'' I said reassuring her, squeezing her hand in comfort.

"Thank you. Cmon let's go narrow this list," she stated as she stood up, stretching her arms I stuffed the evidence I needed to plant and the slit in my pocket.