IX

Henry's POV

I took a look at the law firm security footage last night and got the license plate number. Currently, I was in my office, looking up the license plate number and so far I was getting nothing. I closed the window on my computer and leaned back in my chair and sighed, I was a little stressed out with Ray being in the hospital. And then on top of that, yesterday we went to visit Ray and he told me that he didn't want to see Rachel. Which made her upset, and caused her to cry all last night.

I was there to comfort her, I am so pissed at him. But I did not voice it to her because it wasn't between Ray and I. It was a problem between him and her. And right now she wasn't ready to speak to him, speaking of. I think she's still asleep. I left my office and walked to the kitchen. I hadn't eaten all day and it was past noon. Johnathan wasn't here today so I had to make my own food, he was busy with some military reunion this weekend.

I grabbed a bowl from the cabinet and the box of lucky charms in the pantry and made my bowl of cereal. I heard Snowy walk in the kitchen with a small 'Meow'.

"Hey, cutie. You want some food?" I questioned. She purred in response,

I put my bowl down and grabbed the can of cat food and opened it, pouring it in her food bowl. I made sure to put food in Jake's bowl before going to sit on the couch.

I turned on the TV and began eating my cereal. I decided not to watch the news because I did not feel like hearing Charlotte's mouth when she rants on about how Ray was being an ass to her yesterday.

The sound of footsteps paused my thoughts. She entered the living room with an oversized t-shirt of mine, which she looked too cute in.

"Hey Henry," she said with a grin. Which made me smile,

"Good morning baby," I muttered as I sat my cereal bowl on the coffee table, staring at her as she walked around the couch and sat next to me.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked as I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and pulled her towards me. Her head resting on my shoulder, she sighed and closed her eyes.

"Fine. How about you? Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah, I did. I woke up at like 10 to pick up the footage from the law firm. I got the license plate but so far I can't find the owner of the vehicle...'' I trailed off. Realizing she wasn't even listening as she started biting on her nails. I noticed her concentrated look on her face as she held her finger in her mouth. I knew something was on her mind,

"What's on your mind sweetie?" I muttered. She looked up at me slightly confused,

"Hmm?" She said before quickly adding, "Nothing." A little too fast for my liking. I nodded slowly and let the question I wanted to ask her to go.

"Okay..." I said with a small smile. She grinned and turned her attention back to the tv. I wonder what made her so upset I mean I know he was being a jackass.

Maybe something I'm not aware of happened between them....

Nah I'm just thinking too much.

"So what should we do today?" I questioned.

"Mm, I don't know. Maybe we can go to the park. Take a walk? I need one." she suggested with a light-hearted chuckle. I nodded, agreeing.

"Sure. but you need to eat something first." I said as I sat up and pulled her up to stand.

"Okay, I will. What you got in the kitchen for me?" she humored as I led her to the kitchen. I held her waist and backed her into the counter, inching my face closer to hers. We haven't kissed since the elevator meeting, I've wanted to give her a kiss but she's acting differently. I know the type of trauma she's been through can change a person but....