We were Just Teenagers- SC

the reader as the older sibling and the parents don't take care of them.

Tw: angst fluff and idk what else
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ

Y/n's Pov

    I'm trying to stay awake during class. My math teacher doesn't like me already and doesn't need another reason not to. Scarlett is taking notes next to me along with getting the homework done. We spend majority of our classes together.

    First period is Math followed by English. Then Spanish for Scarlett and German for me. Fourth is Theatre, followed by lunch. History and Chemistry. It's not a bad schedule at all, it's the teachers that assign 2 hours of homework.

I either rush to finish it during that period or I'm forced to finish it after work. Yes, work for a 16 year old. I work at a fast food joint called Hamburgao. Yes it's in the city and only 10-15 minute walk to my school.

   Scarlett comes to visit while I'm at work and stays till I get off shift. She tries to convince me to let her do my homework but I always say "How am I supposed to learn if you do it?" She gives up when I say that and just eats the free fries I give her. I won't lie it kinda hurt to see her bring boys and girls when I work but we were only friends. That's the way it stayed for years.

" Y/N!! I GOT THE ROLE!" You could hear Scarlett scream from the back.

You walked out to the front and hugged her. "See? I knew you would get the role"

"There's one small thing though Y/N..." Scarlett looked at her feet. " I have to leave for it and I don't know when I'll get back."

"Go. There's nothing here stopping you from going" I half heartedly smiled. I would hold you back if I told you I love you.

"Keep in touch with my family alright? I want to see you when I get back" Scarlett genuine smile.

" Will do. I'll miss you Scarly" I gave her a hug goodbye. " I'll miss you too" she whispered in my ear.

As she walked away and out the door I mumbled under my breath I love you.

That night when I got home. My brother was sleeping on the couch. I could tell he was hungry and I heard my baby brother cry. So I went to get the baby and brought him back to the kitchen after I changed his diaper. I started to make him a bottle of milk and started to warm it up. I made my y/b/n his lunch for school, breakfast for the morning and dinner knowing I had another shift. I also made him a snack for snack time. The microwave went off and I whole the bottle then gave it to the baby.

I laid him back in his cradle and I picked up my brother and put him in pjs then into bed. I looked at the time to see it was only 1:20 in the morning. I started to clean. I started out with picking up all the bedrooms followed by the bathrooms. I started to sweep the floors from the glass shards from our parents. Then I did the dishes I hand washed and dried them all so I could put it away. The kitchen was now clean.
The family room is always clean cause nobody ever uses it due to it being so small.

I took a shower and did my makeup somewhat. I got to sit and the counter by the stove to get my homework done. I did a majority of it in class. I only had two more problems that had like 20 steps to do. I didn't finish that till 4:30 in the morning. I got to my brothers room and started to get his clothes laid out for him for when he woke up. When I finished that I got everything the babysitter would need for the baby. She was really nice, she cleaned my room for me and sometimes she's clean the kitchen if it got really bad.