5. Indy

I take a seat in my mythology class with a new thrill ever since I found out my godmother is my teacher. She sat at her desk, looking over the students as if she was waiting for something. "Eric, you are moving seats with Samantha," she tells him sternly. I looked back, and Eric glared at me before going to the very back of the class in the seat to the far left. Now he won't pick on me like an immature child. I look back at my Madrina with a giant smile on my face, so happy he won't bother me anymore.

We go over today's lesson, and I write down everything she said and additional notes. I enjoy this class not just because I'm related to the professor. The bell rang, releasing us for lunch as everyone got up from their seats. "LaCarrubba, stay behind," she told me as I had my bag over my shoulder. I nod in understanding as I sit back down in my seat, waiting for everyone to leave. "Have lunch with me today." she smiles, pulling out a giant black bag. "Of course, Madrina." I smile at her. It is raining pretty heavily today, so I don't know where to sit at lunch. She pulled out two containers of pasta salad and water. "Go shut the door and pull down the cover, then pull up your chair," she instructed. I walk over, closing the door and blind just like she said before bringing my chair to the corner of her desk. "So you were the talk of this morning," she smirks at me, tilting her head. "Good things, I hope." I open the lid to my pasta.

"Nothing but good things. Dr. Jones was talking about you nonstop in the break room. How you correctly dated and translated an ancient Egyptian artifact, he found, without any references, how you were so excited. He thought you were going to bounce off the walls. How you tease him about accidentally writing profanities in hieroglyphics. He also said you aced your baseline test getting the highest in the class." she says in between bites.

"Yeah, I did." I chuckle.

"Still love Egypt, I see. I'm so proud of you, Harley. You are a good student, and your professors have nothing but good things to say about you. I think you are becoming Dr. Jones's favorite with how much you impressed him yesterday." she gleams with pride.

"I'm just myself around him, and we both love history. One day, I want to go on adventures digging up unique artifacts and uncovering the past." I smile as I take a bite of food.

"Still so passionate. Are you still reading history books for fun?" She questions.

"I am; I'm currently reading the history of Egypt." I smile up at her.

"I've noticed that big book you lug around." She chuckled before taking a sip of water.

"Haha, yeah, just a little light reading." I chuckle nervously.

"That's light reading?" She laughs at me. "I'd hate to see the other books."

"You should see my bookshelf." I join in laughing.

"You are just like your dear mama. That woman always had her nose in a book. You got your love of history from her; she would always read you a history book." She gave a weak smile as she reminisced. "Let's get back to a happier subject. What is your favorite class?"

"Yours and Dr. Jones's." I smile at her.

"Your kiss ass." She lightly pushed me with her hand with a broad smile on her lips. "I know Dr. Jones is your favorite."

"And I also love your class; that was the truth. I love his class; he goes over such interesting topics and has an 18th-century tablet. Plus, he's funny." I smile as I play with my pasta pushing it around on my fork.

"Ahh, I see what is going on here." She leans forward-leaning on her desk as she stares into my soul. "You have a crush on him."

"What? No, I don't. I have a soulmate, and I will not be unfaithful to him by having a crush on someone else."