23. Engaged

I walked into school while Indy still had our thoughts connected so he could help me focus. I take my seat next to Danielle and smile at her before pulling out my notebook. "How was your weekend?" I smile at her.

"Oh, it was wonderful." She smiled, taking with her hands more than usual as I noticed a ring on a particular finger. I grab her left hand and look at the beautiful diamond ring that caught my attention. I gasped as I realized she was engaged. "OH MY GOD!" I say a little too loud as I look at the giant rock the sparkled in every direction. "You're engaged!?!"

"Haha, he proposed on Saturday." She smiles, full of excitement.

"Tell me all the details." I smile at her.

"Oh, it was so romantic! He took me to a fancy dinner at Romeo's, and we had a beautiful candle lite dinner, then we walked in the rose garden under the full moon. There were twinkling lights everywhere, and it was so beautiful. We went and danced in a gazebo under the stars in each other's arms. He then got on one knee and told me how much he loved me and pulled out the most beautiful ring I've ever seen. I was crying because I was so excited, but I finally said yes." She explains as her smile was a mile wide.

"I'm so happy for you!!" I tell her truthfully. I can't believe they are engaged already, They have only been together for two months. Indy and I have been together longer than they have, and we aren't even engaged yet. It seems everyone is getting engaged. Three girls got engaged just this month, and one of them has only known their soulmate a week. Indy and I have been together for six months and are still not engaged. Don't get me wrong; it was an incredible six months full of love, adventures, growing close to each other, and romantic memories. My father keeps asking me when we are getting married and wants to be the one to walk me down the aisle, says we better hurry up because he's getting too old. It seems like we are the only ones taking our sweet time. It's perfectly normal for soulmates to get engaged so soon after meeting. It's not like humans have to date and try to find someone they can live with and find love. We know our perfect match and love of our life's by the matching soulmark. Ugh, it would suck if we didn't have soulmarks to tell us who our soulmate is and have to date around to find the person we will marry. So many hearts would be broken and bad relationships. I know Indy doesn't want to rush anything and wants to take our time. I see where he is coming from, but I have my own opinions. Why take our time when we are soulmates made for each other and plan on spending the rest of our lives together?

"Hello, earth to Harley." Danielle waves her hand in front of my face. I snap back to reality as I shake my head and look into her eyes. "Did you hear what I said?" She chuckled.

"Sorry, I got distracted." I apologize as I was lost inside my head.

"I want you to be my maid of honor." She smiles at me.

"I'd love to." I smile at her hiding my pain. I know at her wedding I will be by myself because she doesn't know about Indy and no one else can learn about our relationship. Am I going to be the last one to be married and have kids? Always the bridesmaid and never the bride.

'All In due time, my soul.' Indy told me in my head as I felt a kiss on my hand trying to make me feel better.

'Yeah.' I sigh.

"I want to go dress shopping after school, and we can get you a dress as well. I already have the color in mind, and I know you'll love it." She giggles full of excitement as her brown curls bounce with her.

"For the love of all things holy, please tell me it's not pink." I tell her seriously as I look up at the ceiling.

"It's not pink." She laughs loudly as she puts her hand on my arm. "It's red."