28. Consequences

The bell rang, and students began packing up. "I need students that were pissed off about miss Goldings' offensive slurs to stay behind." Indy announced in Italian. A few more guys come over and sit with Pellegrino and me. Everyone left except all the Italians, me, and that bitch. We sat in the left corner of the classroom while she sat on the right with her arms crossed.

"That La punttana has it coming to her." Toney tells the group as he bites his toothpick. He was a skinny guy that was tall in stature and had jet black hair combed up nicely.

"Be a real shame if her tires all got slashed." Luca chuckled, causing the rest of the group to snicker.

"That's what she gets for picking on one of us; she gets all of us." Alessandro smiled a crooked grin as he looked at all of us.

"You know, blondie, I had a crush on you forever, and now I find out you are one of us; boy, oh boy, you keep getting better." Gino, the tall, muscular boy with curly slicked-back hair, smiles as he leans back on his desk.

"We all thought you just had an Italian last name. I mean, come on, a green-eyed blondie, a full Italian. What a rare beauty you are." Bruno Pellegrino smiles as he pats my shoulder. "Mom, American?"

"Irish." I smile at him.

"Ohhh!" They all cheer and bang their hands on the desk.

"Irish and Italian what a scandal! The man must really hate you." Tony laughs loudly.

"You're one of us now, blondie." Bruno puts his arm around my shoulders and gives me a side hug before pulling back and looking at the rest of the group.

"Yeah, you're one of us." Gino smiles in his deep voice.

"Can I go?" Golding questions Indy rudely.

"No, you will sit there quietly until Dean Brody gets here." Indy snaps at her.

"How come those greaseballs get to talk?" She called us another offensive term.

"Every time you open your mouth, you keep using disgusting, derogatory slurs against them. I guarantee if you keep using those words, it will not end very well for you." Indy warns her as he knows exactly what we are discussing.

"He's right; it's not going to end well. As soon as we get out of here, I'm slashing her tires with my new knife the old man got me." Luca smirks as he stares at her and pats his pant pocket.

"Cut the brake line." I suggest seeing them all get excited about that one. "Wait, she could hurt an innocent family if we do that. We don't need to be the reason someone lost their mother in an accident. Only something that will affect her." I take it back as I think about the consequences of that.

"You're right; we can't do something that unknowingly hurts an innocent. That's code." Gino nods his head.

"Don't mention the rules publicly; you know you can't talk about it. It's rule number one." I tell him sternly.

"That's exactly what I've been saying." Alessandro hits Gino's arm, reprimanding him.

"Back to revenge, we need to figure out what we are going to do to this la puttana." Tony rubs his hands together, getting excited.

"I'm still for slashing tires." Luca says as he leans back in his chair.

"If you are going to do something to her car, take out the spark plugs." Indy tells him with a devious smirk. "You never heard me say that."

"And this is why he's my favorite professore." Bruno smiles as he points to Indy, who sits there smirking as he watches us.

"Mine too." They all agreed, and I couldn't help but smirk at Indy as he gave us permission for vandalism.