27. Loathing

Everything has gone back to normal, and Danielle and I have made up as if nothing happened. She constantly asks me about my relationship with Indy, and we have come up with a fake name so we can talk about him in public. We call him Wendell, which is a trendy boy's name and means traveler. It was a perfect name to call him, and no one would ever know we are talking about Indy. I told Indy about the name we gave him, and he rolled his eyes and snorted. "It means traveler, so I thought it was a perfect fit. It was either that or Henry, but that was too obvious." I tell him.

"I'll take Wendell; what do you two discuss in public about me?" He looked up at me over the rim of his circular glasses.

"She just asks about our relationship and what it's like being soulmates with you." I shrug my shoulders.

"What it's like being soulmates with me?" He raised his brows, confused.

"Well, she thinks you're uptight and very serious. She wonders how our two personalities work together because she says I'm very outgoing and worry about everything, and you're..." I repeat what she said before stopping to smirk.

"I'm what?"

"Quiet and boring." I chuckled, seeing how he wasn't amused as his face fell.

"Me? Boring?" He points to himself, getting a little offended.

"I was shocked she chose that adjective too." I chuckle at him. "I defended you though and told her you're the farthest thing from boring and told her you are very sweet, protective, funny, charming, intelligent, and amazing." I smile, seeing him smirk at me and roll his eyes. "She also just asks what we are doing."

"Girls and their gossip." He rolls his eyes and returns to his book with a playful chuckle.

"You can't act like you don't talk about me." I tease him as I stick my tongue out at him.

"Fair." He nods his head. "You were the topic the other day."

"I knew it, so you can't just say it's a girl thing." I smile and wag my index finger at him as I continue to lay on the floor. He chuckled at me and leaned back in his chair before looking down at me. "You got me."

***
"Harley, focus." Danielle snaps her fingers in my face snapping me out of my thoughts. "Hey, this week, you can't be daydreaming and getting distracted. Finals are coming up, and you need to pass so we can get this semester behind us." Danielle tells me sternly. I nod, knowing she was right, and take out my notebook and two pencils. 'As much as I hate to say it, She's right, you know. If you don't pass finals, we can't go on our trip.' Indy thinks to me.

"I got it, and I'll try my best to focus, I swear. I need to focus on this class, and the rest will be easy." I tell them both as I take a deep breath. The bell rang for the start of class, and I knew I couldn't get distracted. 'Alright, time to focus, do good. I'll see you later.' Indy thought to me quickly before he cut the connection. Mr. Johnson got in the front of the class and looked over at us. "Alright, students, this week is finals week, and they will start tomorrow. I hope you paid attention in my class because the final will cover everything we have learned in this class, going all the way to the very first day. So study your notes, and I will allow one cheat card that can be the front and back of an index card. I will inspect each card at the start of class tomorrow." He tells us. Oh, thank you, God! I might not fail this class after all! I have a B in this class as of now and worked so hard to keep that B. Danielle and Indy have helped me study, trying to get it through my thick head and comprehend what is going on. After a night of learning with Indy that night, I dreamed about doing math, and he teased me about it. "Now, let's go over some formulas. Does anyone need a refresher?" He asks as he rubs his old wrinkly hands together, getting excited.