21. Door

Indy has been gone for three days, and he hasn't tried to reach out to me or use our connection. The only thing I could feel was his heart and feelings, and I had to draw my own conclusions. I know whatever he is doing is getting him stressed out and he's constantly angry. I can feel all the fights he's in and all the punches he received. He did something to his left hand that made me groan in pain feeling the constant ache. He's told me before he use to slightly close our connection when he went on adventures so I wouldn't get hurt. I guess he doesn't care if I get hurt this time. I didn't want to close the connection even though I kept getting beat by invisible hands, I feel I deserve this after how I treated Indy. I just want him to use our connection and reach out to know we are okay. I hated being here all alone, not seeing my soulmate and knowing how he didn't want to see me.

Madrina has noticed I was in a funk and asked me what happened, and I told her Indy, and I got into a fight. I didn't give her all the details, not wanting her to think badly of Indy. I mostly stuck to myself, wanting to be alone with my thoughts.

****four days later***

I drag myself to Archeology, not wanting to be here and see that woman teaching his class. I was shocked when I saw Indy sitting at his desk grading papers. "When did you get back?" I ask him as I take my seat.

"Last night." He mumbles, not bothering to look at me. He got back last night and didn't come home; he's still pissed off at me. "I see." I sigh as I take my seat. "Must be test day?" I try to carry on a conversation with him. He didn't look up at me but kept grading the papers as he ignored me. I guess we aren't on talking terms still. "It is; I'm trying to grade, so I don't have to when I go home." He tells me flatly as his glasses hang on his nose.

"Okay, I'll shut up; I'm sorry." I take the hint and mumble before I start drawing. I already did my homework at lunch to distract myself from crying. I kept drawing to keep myself focused and not bother him while he worked. I learned my lesson on bothering him. What is the planning? Is he stressed? Is he going to come home tonight? Will he try to talk to me? I tried to feel his emotions, but I couldn't feel anything, not even his heart. I felt him all day, but as soon as I walked in here, I couldn't feel anything. I look up at him, shocked and heartbroken, knowing he cut me off. Is he that angry with me still he wants to cut our connection? "Why?" I ask him weakly.

"Why what?" He groans.

"You cut me off. Why? Do you hate me that much?" I ask him as I try not to cry.

"What are you going on about?" He grumbles.

"I can't..." I started, but students started coming into the room. "The door is closed," I tell him, trying to hide my pain. He looked at me, studying my expression, realizing it as well; he couldn't feel it either. I tried to hide my pain, but I knew he saw it on my face. I wouldn't say I like this; I hate being alone and not feeling his heartbeat or feelings. I'm alone, feeling nothing but pain and sorrow. "Harley, are you okay?" Collin asks me as he takes a seat.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lie to him. I look down at my desk, trying to reach out to Indy wanting our connection back. I looked up at Indy to see he was staring at me as he clenched his jaw and squinted at me. I guess he wants nothing to do with me. Why is he blocking me out?

He passed the tests to Leslie to pass down to everyone before taking his seat. I took my test, trying my best to focus. I kept glancing at him to make sure he was still there, and he was okay. It was difficult to judge his emotions when I couldn't feel them. I finish my test and turn it in, shooting him a glare for cutting me out like this. He knows how dangerous it is for us to have the connection closed, and he goes and closes it! I go back to my seat and start drawing again to calm myself down, not wanting to make a fool out of myself. I try everything in my power to stop the tears from flowing.