25. Still Friends

I woke up feeling completely drained as everything around me was spinning. Indy softly snored next to me while he had one arm wrapped around me tightly. I slowly try to sit up, feeling the room spin, even more, causing me to be nauseous. "Oohhh." I whine as I lay back down. Indy snapped his head up as he looked at me with worry and concern on his face. "What's wrong?"

"I'm dizzy and sick." I mumble as I hold my head.

"I know, doll, it will go away." He tells me softly as he brushes some hair out of my face. He looked down at me with concern, and his lips were turned down at the corners. "Indy, what happened last night? Why can't I feel your emotions?" I asked him as I began to worry.

"Honey, you were drugged. Mark slipped you a pill in your drink, and he chased you." Indy tells me softly as he caresses my face. "I closed the connection a little bit because it was affecting me."

"I was drugged?" I was shocked, unable to believe it, but then again, it would explain a lot. I can barely remember what happened last night, and it was in bits and pieces as if I was fading in and out. I didn't know what to think; how could I be so careless and let that happen? "I'm so sorry." I apologize to Indy for my carelessness. He looked deep into my eyes as he searched my face. "Why are you sorry?" He breaths as he gently caressed my face with the back of his hand.

"Because I didn't pay attention and let something bad happen to me again. You're right, I keep fucking up, and you have to get me out of it." I start to tear up as I felt terrible. I'm just a damsel in distress that bad things always happen to. Indy scooped me up in his strong arms as he held my head to his bare chest while his other hand gently cradled me. "Honey, listen to me. You aren't a fuck up. This could have happened to anyone. You didn't know you'd be drugged, and you didn't know what to look for; it's not your fault. That's why we kept the door open, so I could keep an eye on you if something like this happened. Harley, I'm proud of you for running away and fighting even though your body was giving in to the drugs. I felt how strong they were, and you still fought to get away. The only thing I did was pick you up and drive you home; you are the one that got away. You found a way out of that bathroom and ran to the car while I waited for you. Honey, don't ever think you are some damsel in distress. You have terrible luck, and bad things just happen sometimes." He told me softly as I cried into his chest.

"Why do these things keep happening to me?"

"I don't know, my soul." He tells me softly as he places a kiss on my head and slowly rocks me back and forth. "Listen, after this week of school; we are going on a trip, far from here. We will go on our first adventure, aren't you excited?"

"I'll probably fuck up there too." I sniffle.

"Harley Ann, look at me." He gently pulls away to look down at me. "You are not a fuck up. Don't ever think that about yourself. You are a strong, tough, and wise woman. I saw what you did to that man that attacked you the night we had that fight. You can handle your own and are quick to get out of sticky situations. My love, I'll be by your side every second of our trip. You'll be fine. You'll probably notice things that I don't and save my ass." He wipes my tears with his thumb. "You aren't a damsel in distress. Now, let's have a nice relaxing day and pack for our trip."

"Okay." I sniffle as I lay my head against his chest again. Indy took care of me all day and made sure a smile never left my face. I couldn't be more grateful I have such a loving and caring soulmate.

****

I walk into Indy's class, setting my things down and taking a seat as I watch him write on the board. "Afternoon." I smile at him as I prop my head up.

"Good afternoon; how was your day so far?"

"Good, can't complain. I finished all my homework already. Now, I just have to get ready for finals."