37. Travel

The sun was slowly rising over this barren village as the dust blew around in the muggy wind. "Sweetheart, we need to get up." Indy's deep morning voice told me as he kissed my cheek. I slowly opened my eyes as I slowly sat up and rubbed the tiredness from my face before looking at my soulmate. "I'm up," I mumble as I stand up and gradually get ready for our few days of travel. Indy went over and woke Shorty as I went to the next hut to wake Willie. "Hey, come on, we are about to leave." I shake her shoulder.

"Oh, thank heavens." She mumbled as she got up and began to pack her things. I was still upset to see she wore Indy's clothes, but I brushed it off, knowing she couldn't hike through this terrain in a sparkly dress. I return to the hut to see my boys dressed and ready to start our journey. "So, is the princess up?" Indy asks me.

"Yeah, she's getting ready," I inform him.

"Well, let's get this show on the road." Indy puts on his fedora then walks over to me and takes my hand, leading me over to the men with elephants. "I've never ridden an elephant before," I admit to Indy.

"Just think of it as a huge horse." He smiled as he looked into my eyes. "You'll do fine." He gave me his signature flirty smirk. I stepped on the elephant's raised leg and climbed up with no issue as Shorty got on the baby elephant, and Indy got on the largest one. We were ready to go. I turn around to look at Willie, struggling to get up on her elephant. She tried three times and was making a complete fool out of herself. "Willie quit monkeying around on that thing," Indy told her as he was ready for us to start our journey. Willie finally got up, but at the last second, she put the wrong leg over and ended up backward. Everyone in the village was frozen in shock, unable to believe what they saw with their own eyes. Indy had enough and told our guides to go. "Wait a second, Indy! I can't go to Delhi like this." Willie screeched.

"We're not going to Delhi, doll. We are going to Pankot Palace." Indy slightly turned to face her as he was getting agitated.

"Pankot! I can't go to Pankot, I'm a singer! Ohh, I need to call my agent. Is there a phone? Anybody, I need a phone." She whines loudly, causing me to groan and roll my eyes. I turned to look at Indy to see he was looking back at Willie as he shook his head before looking at me. "Aren't you glad I'm not like that?" I smile at him in Italian.

"So glad." He replies with a smile. Willie was finally able to turn around and face the correct way and stopped her whining. We rode for some time while the sun was beating down on us, and the air was hot. We had to cross a large river, and I was happy to see a change in scenery. We stopped to take a break and stretch our legs; I got down and went to the bathroom behind a few bushes. Once I finished, I walked around the bushes to see Willie standing there waiting for me. "Umm, are there no restrooms here? We have to go outside like animals?" She nervously rubs her hand on her pants.

"This is the wilderness; the whole place is a bathroom." I smirk at her.

"Eww, gross." She frowned as she crossed her arms and looked around.

"Do you need me to teach you?" I smirk, knowing this pampered woman has never gone to the bathroom outside before.

"Yes, could you?" She asks me. No matter how much I don't like her, I won't let her struggle and pee her pants.

"Come on." I walked back behind the bushes as she followed me. I taught her how to use the bathroom outside and told her which plants were safe to use. We walked back to the boys, and Indy smirked at me, knowing exactly what was happening. I smile and roll my eyes before getting back on my elephant. Shorty was with Indy on his elephant, and I couldn't help but smile at the pair. Indy would make a great father, and I can't wait for the day we have children. We have discussed this topic many times before. We agreed after I graduate and get my degree, we will get married, and then in a couple of years, we will start having children. It gives us time to travel and see the world, mostly because I will be home raising our kids. I was lost in thought as I heard Willie behind me sniffling, so I turned around to see her putting perfume on the elephant. My face scrunched in disbelief as the elephant wasn't too happy about the fragrance. "Oh, quit complaining. This is expensive stuff." She says as she places a dab on either side of her neck. I turn around and try to ignore her as I look up and see a bunch of giant bats flying over us. "Oh, what big birds." Willie giggles excitedly.