12. Moving Out

I felt a strong arm holding me close as if not wanting to let go. His muscular body was tightly pressed against my back, not leaving any distance between us. The warmth of his body heat and the blankets was pure paradise. I wish it could stay like this forever in this comfortable bed. Indy snored lightly behind me, but I didn't mind. I glanced at the clock to see it was six in the morning; why am I awake? Maybe I can slip out and use the bathroom and come back to bed. I tried to get out of his arms slowly, but like a reflex, he pulled me tighter to him as if in a protective embrace. "Mmm." he groans as he slightly lifts his head, checking the room before placing a kiss on my cheek and laying back down. Guess I'm not getting out of bed. I wonder why he is so alert, checking for danger and keeping me close to him. What does he think is going to happen? I close my eyes, trying to go back to sleep.

***
I felt the bed shift and the arm around me loosened its tight grip. "Indy?" I mumbled, refusing to open my eyes.

"I'm right here, doll," he says as soft as a whisper as I feel him replace his arm leaning over me. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Good." I roll to my back and slowly open my eyes to see his handsome face staring down at me. His hair was a ruffled mess sticking up in different directions; he had some scruff on his face. "Good morning, beautiful." He leans down, placing a soft kiss on my lips.

"Good morning." I smiled up at him as he pulled away.

"We slept in pretty late." He informs me, placing his forehead on mine stealing kisses.

"I woke up at six, but someone wouldn't let me get out of bed." I tease him as I run my fingers through his hair, trying to straighten it out.

"You mean to tell me you tried to leave me in bed all alone?"

"I wanted to use the bathroom, but someone tightened their grip on me, not wanting me to leave." I tease him as I put my hand on his shoulder.

"Damn right, I don't want you to leave me. You know I vaguely remember that."

"Yeah, then you lifted your head to check the room, then laid back down."

"I also kissed your cheek." He kissed my cheek again, causing me to giggle. "Come on, beautiful, let's start our day."

"Okay." we get up and get ready for our day. Indy walks out the front door in his bathrobe, grabbing the paper before coming back inside. I pour him a cup of coffee, setting it down in front of him. "Thank you."

"Of course." I smile as I make myself a cup.

"So I've been thinking...how about you move in with me?" Indy says as he doesn't look up from the paper.

"I'd love to, but what about my house? My dad paid money for it, and I'll feel bad if I get rid of it." I think about all of the things I have in my house. I don't have much, just a ton of books.

"We can keep it as a safe house if anything happens. Today we can go over there and get your things and bring them back here." He suggests as he keeps reading the paper.

"I'll cook supper over there too; I don't want my food to go to waste." I admit as I set my coffee down at the table before going over to the coffee table to grab my book. I sat down and continued reading where I left off. "You don't have to keep reading that, you know."

"Well, I want to." I sass as I go back to the paragraph I read last night.

"Haha, okay." He chuckles before reading the paper and drinking his coffee. We were both relaxed as we slowly tried to wake up.
***
Indy set the paper down, leaning back in his chair, taking his glasses off, and setting them on the table. "I'm going to shower and get ready." He slowly scoots his chair out and stands up, grabbing his empty coffee cup. He placed a kiss on my head as he passed by to take his cup to the sink.