30. Finals

Indy's clock went off with a loud ringing as he rolled over to turn it off. "Come on, doll; you have finals today." He tells me softly with a peck on my cheek. We slowly got out of bed and got ready for the day while I read some of my math notes while I got ready. I finish up to see Indy sitting at the table, eating a bagel and drinking coffee while he read the paper. "You have that notecard packed up?" He asks me. I grab my coffee and a muffin before sitting down at the table. "Yes, I put it in my bag last night." I inform him as I take a bite out of my muffin. He smirked before looking up at me. "Are you sure about that?" He asks me.

"Pretty sure; I put it in my notebook so it wouldn't get ruined." I tell him before taking a drink. He reached over the table and held the index card between his two fingers, holding it out to me. I look at him with wide eyes before taking the card from him. "It was on the floor by your bag; it must have fallen out of your notebook. It would have been a bad day for you if you left without it." He tells me flatly before going back to the paper.

"I would have freaked out. I need to pass this test with an A so it can bring my grade up, and I'll pass the class with an A." I put it in the front pocket of my backpack before taking a sip of coffee. Indy nodded his head before looking up at me. "I'm sure you'll pass with An A. You've been putting in so much work in that class, and last night it showed. You second guess yourself when doing the problems; trust your gut and think of it as the game." He tells me before looking at his watch. "Come on; we need to start heading out." He folded the paper and then placed his glasses in his suit pocket. I get up, grab my things, and go to the door with him. He locked the door and placed a kiss on my head. "I love you, and I know you'll do fine on your final. I'll see you later." He tells me as he carries his briefcase to his car while I go to mine. He takes off while I pull out of the driveway and head to school. I got this; I've been studying my ass off for this exam. The rest will be easy, and I won't have to worry about the rest of my classes.

I park in my spot, taking a deep breath, trying to calm myself down for this final exam. I felt a kiss on my hand, causing me to smile and breathe deeply. "Hey, blondie, you looked stressed out." Tony smiles as he comes over to my car.

"I have my math final today."

"Ahh, I see; gotta keep up the grades." He nods before pulling out a cigarette and lighting it before leaning on my car. I get out with my bookbag slung over my shoulder. "Here, have a cig. It will calm you down." He pulls one out for me. I looked at my watch to see I had plenty of time before I had to head to class. I take it and place it between my lips as he holds the lighter up to the end. I puffed it as it got lit and felt that smoke travels down to my lungs with a nice crisp. I blow out the smoke before leaning on my car next to him, feeling a little better. "Feeling relaxed?" He smiles with the cigarette between his lips.

"Yes, I haven't smoked in a while. Forgot why I ever decided to quit, to be honest." I chuckle before taking another hit.

"Trying to keep that good girl image?" He chuckles.

"Ha! What good girl image? I've caused nothing but trouble since I got here. Pretty sure no one else rode a horse across campus." I laugh with him. I take another drag feeling the smoke go down my throat to my lungs as the nicotine spreads through my body.

'Harley, are you smoking?' Indy thinks to me.

'Yes.' I reply.

'Since when?'

'I used to smoke before but quit.' I inform him as I puff on my cigarette, seeing I am at the butt. I crush it out and start walking to school with Tony following me. The rest of the guys joined us as we entered the building as they talked about how that bitch had to get her car towed. "Apparently, her dad came to school and tried to raise hell with Dean Brody but was quickly shut down. He tried to get all the teachers fired, but nothing was done about it." Bruno laughs loudly.