High School Sweethearts - 5 (A Date?)

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  At night, you were laying on your bed, trying to plan things out with 520 again.

But something keeps on bothering you.

  '520, do you know what happened to Axel? I feel like something's wrong with his disappearance...'

520 stopped moving, seemingly to think before phrasing out a sentence.

"Cedric was the cause of it."

So you were correct.

"He might've beat him up, like, really bad. Even threatened Axel to stop bothering you."

You didn't really know how to feel about that. I mean, are you even surprised?

  Oh well, you can't really do anything about that. It'll ruin your impersonation if you try to confront him about it, especially since you weren't even present when that happened.

Time to sleep.

*★*----------------------------------*★*

Wednesday, 9 days left till the performance.

The sound of birds chirping can be heard. The two of you are now on your way to school.

  It's a bright sunny day, you are telling Cedric about this new cat café that had just opened near your school.

  The original owner of this body was a big animal lover. Blabbing about the newly opened café wouldn't really be much of a surprise. Actually, people would've been shocked if you didn't even mention it once.

  In your case, you didn't really mind talking about it. I mean, you DID check out the pictures shown by the others that have already went there. The cats look extremely adorable, they even kinda reminded you of Cedric... okay wait, that's a bit too weird Y/N.

  Cedric had just been staring at you, smiling gently. You look really cute when you're excited about something.

  He seems to be thinking for a second, before asking, "Let's go check it out then, what do you say?"

  He looked at you with hopeful eyes, figured that this might be a good opportunity to spend some more time together. Kind of like a date?

His cheeks burned up again when he realized what he had just thought about.

You noticed his red cheeks, it made you want to tease him more after seeing him like that.

  Stopping in your tracks, you stared at him. Crossing your arms and squinting your eyes to "figure" out what he's planning.

  Noticing that you weren't beside him anymore, Cedric quickly snapped out of daze. He looked back at you with confused eyes, feeling nervous that you might reject him.

"Hmmm, what if I say no?"

  You can clearly see that his mood dropped, feeling guilty, you quickly added, "I'm kidding! Of course I'll come with you, it's kind of like a date right?"

Feeling embarrassed, he lowered his head and said, "You could think of it like that if you want..."

"Ding! Congratulations, you have earned 1%! The intimate level is at... 87% right now."

'Eh, good enough, considering that I almost broke his heart'

  You giggled and grabbed his hand. You looked around to see if there were any cars nearby, and started running down the road. You could feel the sunny breeze pass by you, it's a really nice experience.

  Cedric was surprised when you grabbed his hand suddenly, he didn't really mind running with you too... Until he remembered something.

"Wait! You can't run, your body might not be able to handle it!" He half-shouted.

"It's fine! I need to exercise more, it will probably do me more good than harm!"

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  Okay, maybe you're kind of regretting running now. You're currently at the entrance of your school, trying to catch your breath.

  Cedric put his hand on your back and started patting you, his worried expression distracted you by making you laugh.

  "I told you to slow down, look what you got yourself into," Cedric said while still patting your back.

"Heyyy, I'm sorry alright? It was just too fun, since I... wasn't able to do that in the past..."

  You weren't faking it, you were actually sad. From the memories, the "original" Y/N was pretty sickly, resulting to her parents banning her from doing any intense exercise, since they were scared that she'll hurt herself.

  But "Y/N" is a really playful girl, not being able to go outside and play tag with her friends really saddened her when she was small. Ever since she moved to this neighborhood and got to know Cedric, she seems happier, so "Y/N's" parents are really thankful of him.

  They trust Cedric so much that they even told him to take good care of "you." I mean, he'll still protect you even if no one tells him to. 

It's pretty funny since Cedric is literally a year younger than you...

  Cedric soon realized what you meant. He put his hand over yours, reassuring you, "You're going to get better soon, don't worry. I'll wait till the day when you're completely healthy and strong physically. Then, we can go run as much as you want, I'll always stay with you."

You felt guilty after hearing what he said, you know that these happy moments won't last soon.

Smiling weakly, you replied, "Yeah, let's hope that it will happen someday."

*★*----------------------------------*★*