High School Sweethearts - 23 (The Unexpected Outcome)

*★*----------------------------------*★*

Months gone by, it's been a while since Cedric have done anything too...

"Dangerous? Impulsive?" 520 interrupted.

'Wait. Not you breaking the 4th wall... That's illegal.' You glared at 520.

  Anyways, you would like to say that everything's going smoothly. Well, in a sense, it IS indeed going smoothly... except for your intimate level with Cedric. You can't really go into the next world without pushing it up to 100%.

  Which leads to your biggest regret; not saying "I love you" when you had first kissed him. You really don't know why you didn't say it. It's like... someone or something was stopping you from saying it to him. Since you kept on wondering about it, you suspected that maybe, just maybe, it has something to do with your real experience in your world.

  So, in desperation, you planned a surprise confession to him about a month later the incident happened. You made sure to kiss and say "I love you" to him. Sure, it worked BUT it only went up by 1%. And now you're stuck at 99% for months already...

520 wasn't kidding when it said that it gets harder to bring the percentage up the higher you go.

Back to where you were thinking, everything has been going smoothly, yes. Mhm.

  Because you managed to pass your exams, you're going to your first year of senior high school soon. Yay... (dunno what it's like for other places but basically it's just Grade 11)

 And also, Ann, the class president that had a crush on you, started dating Dane!!! Could you believe it? Dane, a guy that likes to tease people? Out of all people that she could choose from?!

  Kidding, you were really happy for the both of them. You also heard from 520 that Dane was actually the one who asked her out. Based on the details given by 520, it is said that it was a love in first sight, well... one-sided, that is.

  He tried so many things, look for every available chances that he could get, just to be able to make her notice him more. Of course, he still respected her privacy-

"Unlike Cedric... ahem ahem... By the way, you didn't forget that the camera that Cedric put is still here right?" 520 interrupted, once again.

'.... Of course I remember about that... Now, stop interrupting me. Please and thank you.'

  Well, at first, Ann was a bit surprised. When she got to know that Dane was your cousin, she immediately accepted to become his girlfriend. Just so that she'll have a reason to be able to visit you. She knew that it was very wrong and selfish for her to be using Dane to get what she wants but, she couldn't help it. Ann just couldn't bear to say no to the opportunity right in front of her.

  But soon, she realized that you and Cedric seems to be very much in love with each other. So, she decided to cut her feelings off for you. It was easier said than done but thankfully, she finally noticed of how good Dane was treating her. And little by little, Ann started to have feelings for him.

Feeling overcome with guilt, she decided to confront him. Ann was ready for Dane to leave her...

...but he didn't. 

  He told her, "Love is complicated. I'm happy that you decided to tell me about this. As long as you promise to love me for who I am and want to stay with me from this day forward, I don't care about your past actions."

  That's nice and all but... your situation isn't looking too well. You're scared that the opportunities will lessen as time goes by. Hope that everything will go on smoothly...

*★*----------------------------------*★*

Author's Note

Hi! This chapter is short butttttttttttttttttttttt omg.

Can't believe it's been a while since I've started writing this book. Ik it's not the best in terms of grammar and description, but I hope you, my dear reader, enjoy my story!

A bit of a spoiler, 

this story is going to end soon. So you'll have to prepare to say goodbye to the shy and artistic Cedric :(

But don't worry, the next story will be up within a week after the ending.  So stay tuned!

*★*----------------------------------*★*