High School Sweethearts - 10 (The Call)

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  Your phone rung when you were washing up the plate and the utensils you had just used.

Looking at your phone, you saw that it was Dane who had called you.

'Great timing Dane...'

Cedric came back to the kitchen... he heard your phone ringing.

  Walking up beside you to get the cloth (for helping you wipe the dining table), he saw your surprised face because of his appearance. He then mouthed, "Who's that?"

You covered the phone and told him that it's Dane in a whisper.

  Cedric was clearly upset when you told him about it. He then proceeds to glare at the phone while you're answering it.

"Hi Dane!"

  The excitement in your tone when you were greeting his supposed rival made him more upset. He was already planning to snatch that phone out of your hand.

  He was trying not to though, because he respects you. (nah man he just wants to appear as kind and innocent as possible in front of you)

  Cedric was trying to eavesdrop on the conversation you're having with Dane. It was so obvious, he didn't even try to hide it. 

He couldn't really hear what you guys were talking about.

  So, he got closer and closer to your face, you noticed this and blushed. You quickly moved while pushing his face away with your free hand.

"Let's.... carnival... tomor-...."

  ...That was all the poor boy could hear before you moved away. It didn't really matter though, since he got most of the important info.

  You glanced at Cedric before answering back at the phone, "Sure! Can I bring a friend along?"

  Cedric suddenly looked at you with wide eyes. He didn't really expect you to say that.

"Sure!" You smiled at Dane's response.

  Saying your goodbye to him, you ended the call and looked at where Cedric was standing at.

  Taking a big step, you slid towards him and looked at him from your right. You tilted your head before asking, "Cedric, someone just asked me if I wanted to go to the carnival tomorrow, do you want to come along?"

  Cedric was caught off-guard from your action. Admiring your cute form, he accidentally zoned out again.

"Cedric?" You waved your hand in front of his face.

"Oh! Uh.. Sure!" He smiled, still a bit dazed.

  You assumed that Cedric would probably stalk you guys anyways... or worst, try to harm Dane. Why not bring him along to keep an eye on him and maybe gain some more points for the intimate level?

  You nodded at your best friend then smiled, and went back to washing the dishes. Cedric was still in a state of "happiness-shock", noticing that you had continued doing your chores, he quickly calmed himself and started helping you.

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  It was almost noon, you initially wanted to ask Cedric to judge your outfit for tomorrow's hangout. Looking through your closet, there was literally no good outfits to wear.

  You screamed internally when you saw how little the amount the original owner's clothes were.

You desperately dug into your closet, trying to find some good clothes to pair.

But all you saw were some plain white t-shirts and some... kid dresses???

You blinked your eyes several times before screaming internally once again.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAIT, STOP SCREAMING!! MY EARS HURT!"

'oops. Sorry, circle ball."

'.......... New nickname for me now huh? ' 520 said to itself.

  It then explained, "I mean, the owner of your body was sickly... plus, her parents didn't even let her go out that much. Sooooo, outwear clothes were not really needed."

Oh yeah, how could you forget about that...

  But these clothes are just... not so fun to wear, they're not even comfortable to wear anymore. Well, since most of them are smaller than you can fit in.

You checked out the time, it was 11:30.

You eyes glistened when you thought of a VERY good idea.

It's shopping time.

*★*----------------------------------*★*

You basically had forced Cedric into shopping with you. 

Not really though... he likes to be with you, so...

  Before going to the mall, you decided to go to your best friend's house to inform his parents first.

  His parents are REALLY nice to you surprisingly, even though their relationship with Cedric isn't the best.

  Cedric's dad offered to give you guys a ride, you accepted his offer and sat on the couch, waiting for Cedric to get ready.

  Since the boy's parents had already made lunch, the two of you decided to eat first before going.

  Lunch was great. From how much food Cedric's parents gave you compared to the son himself, it seemed like you are actually their child instead of Cedric.

He didn't mind though, cause you were treated like what you deserve, like a queen... 

Wait, no, a goddess... 

No, no, words cannot describe how precious you are.

  Meanwhile, you were laughing internally from how well you're treated, sorry not sorry Cedric.

...

  Floating beside you, 520 was just shaking its head to this scene... well, its body, since it doesn't have a head.

'I guess it's good that she's having fun...'

*★*----------------------------------*★*