IMtHPiW?! - 9 (Below the Trees)

*★*----------------------------------*★*

Huh? Isn't it obvious that he's holding a book...?

He continued to stare at you, his eyes blinking slowly.

  He stayed still in that sitting position, looking all defenseless. But something tells you that he looks like he's going to jump on you and tear you apart any time soon.

In that moment, you were feeling like you were in some kind of horror story...

  You squirmed uncomfortably and rubbed your hand on your other arm. You noticed, he was still staring at you like that, even though you had made it a bit too obvious that you were uncomfortable with it.

  To be honest, Cedric doesn't really know what's happening. All he sees is a little girl being frightened in his presence.

His eyes dimmed at the thought.

Why would you be scared at him?

It wasn't supposed to be like... that...?

  Because of the awkwardness, your head flashed through hundreds of possible things that you should do to ease the weird atmosphere. So, you turned your head back and saw the two people that accompanied you here from afar.

Practiced by all, royals and servants, a distance between the two is to be held at all times...

Literally and figuratively.

  You called Anita over, which made Cedric switch his attention to the other two unfamiliar people that he hadn't had any impressions of. There was a slight change in his expression when he saw the little one, but it was gone— right when you turned around.

  Your hands held the same picnic basket that you had brought last time when you were here. You smiled brightly at Cedric, trying to sound as cheery as possible to hide the tremble in your voice. 

  "Prince Cedric, I brought some desserts today! This was originally planned for the little tea party I'll have with Gwy— I-I mean..! Princess Gwyneth! But since you're here..."

You looked cautiously at him before continuing, "Do... you want some?"

  Pursing his lips, he stared at your hand and still said nothing. Because of the shade from the leaves where Cedric is under at, you ducked your head a bit to see his expression. Seeing that his alertness is somewhat low, you smiled and shove— 

Ahem.

  I mean... put a piece of homemade bread, wrapped in parchment paper, in his arms. Moving away quickly to put a reasonable space between the two of you.

  He stared at the bread dumbfounded... uhm... at least you think so? Seeing that he had no intentions of eating the bread right now, you pursed your lips and thought: 

'He doesn't think that it's poisoned or anything like that... right? '

520 laughed awkwardly before saying, "...I- I think so...?"

  You turned your attention towards Cedric, jumping a bit when you noticed he was now looking at you. To try to make yourself less suspicious, you quickly grabbed another same type of bread, sat on the green, lush grass, and ate right in front of him.

  Anita widened her eyes at the sight of you eating on the floor and started to panic...

  "My Lady..! Your image..! Especially right in front of the prince..." she whisper-shouted beside you.

"Shh..! It's okay, there's no one else nearby."

  You then turned your attention back at Cedric, who is now checking the bread out. Surprised as you are, you quickly urged him to eat his and promised that it tastes very delicious.

  He had some doubts at first, but looking at the smiling girl in front of him eating so... delightfully, he decided to try it out.

  You looked at him expectantly... Even though you aren't the one who made these, you still want to let people have these amazing treats.

 Even though you aren't the one who made these, you still want to let people have these amazing treats

He looked back at you in surprise. 

(Basically what he looks like in the picture above. I can't believe I found a kinda perfect picture to describe the scene, he even looks like the guy in the cover picture of this story lol)

Source of this picture: The Obsessive Male Leads Wants to Eat Me (NOT Who Made Me a Princess!)

You smiled at him happy, "See? It tastes amazing, right?"

  "Ding! Congratulations, you just got 5%. Current level is... 11%~ Please continue to do your best!"

  'YES! ' you celebrated inside your head, unknowingly smiling even more now.

  Cedric was about to say something when suddenly, a voice from afar was calling your name. Knowing that it was the princess, you did a small curtsy and bid goodbye to Cedric and skipped towards the sound.

  He looked at your happy form before taking back his attention when you were long gone. He then looked at the bread that you had given to him and took another bite. A small smile cracking on his face.

  "Master? Why didn't you give the books that you had prepared today to Cedric? I thought you prepared those for the meeting today?"

  You smiled slyly at the little 520, a mischievous idea blossoming as you stare up the sky.

  The blue sky was dotted with fluffy white clouds that drifted slowly, as if it was lazy, in the gentle breeze.

  'You cute little dummy. If I gave those to him right now, he'll surely suspect me. I only met and talked to him once. How would I know that he'll be there today so I could give him those 3 thick books? Plus, the garden is a big place; even if I actually try to find where he was as a normal person, AKA someone without a cute little ball like you, I would surely have to walk everywhere to find him and be very tired.'

  'Unless if I'm lucky, that is. But... it would be more risky that what I just did earlier.'

  "Ohh, I get it... When you offered Cedric the bread, you said that it was originally meant for the little meeting you'll have with Gwyneth. Meaning that you weren't expecting him to be there at all," 520 completely ignored the first few words that you had said. 

'Yup, that means that he won't be wondering why a random girl that had just met him once would want to give him 3 books that he would be interested in.'

In that same day, your little meetup with Princess Gwyneth was also pleasant.

*★*----------------------------------*★*