IMtHPiW?! - 14 (Saviors)

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  You quickly pull the little prince back on his feet and told him that you're finding for Cedric. You thought of the risks of bringing him along, but looking around, there seems to be no way out of this smoke.

  So in that little moment, you decided to just bring the little prince with you. The three of you continued forward while you remind him to stay close. Now isn't the best time to talk.

  He seems to be surprised for a bit but still nodded back at you nevertheless. But then, that also surprised him, he doesn't consider himself to be the type to listen to people, you see.

  But, he remembered that he's back in a kid's body. So, listening to others older than him was pretty normal... in the past at least.

  After a while of walking and still no clue on where the hell Cedric is, you called 520 a few times in your head— in hopes of having it help you find a way out of this fog. Getting no response back, you bit your lip and decided to try your luck instead. Of course, you also casted a spell secretly on the little Garyth, just in case if the worst scenario happens.

But it seems like you're in luck today. You finally found one——

No, two——

No, wait... Why is there so many people?

  Realizing that trouble is coming, you quickly dragged the two royal sibling to a nearby thick, circular pole-like wall. The two siblings looked at you in union after getting pushed without warning. Seeing their confused faces, you explained that there were several weird looking people out there in a whisper.

At this time, 520 finally came back with some bad news.

  "SORRY! SORRY!! I went to the headquarters to report this issue to them... They don't know what's happening either, so I didn't get any answers from them as soon as I could."

  'It's alright, bally light, it's not your fault. Let's focus on figuring where the heck is Cedric at for now.'

  520 agreed and started looking at the direction of where you're staring at. It quickly realized that there was something wrong and opened a virtual live CCTV in front of you to show you what's happening in there. Of course, the other two didn't show any reactions when it showed up, since only you can see it.

  You widened your eyes at the sight of what's happening in the video. Garyth noticed this and tugged at the ends of your dress/shirt. His big, shining eyes looked at you in worry.

"Uhm... big sister? Did you notice something?"

  You looked at the 3 year old prince adoringly and rubbed his head, feeling a bit better with this little cutie calling you 'big sister.' You then looked at the princess and whispered in worry, "I- I think Cedric's in there!"

  The birthday boy looked at you in surprise, you thought he was surprised about that information, so you didn't think much about it. But no, that wasn't the case at all.

  Gwyneth on the other hand, peeked through and squinted her eyes, "A-Are you sure, Y/N? Why aren't we going to him then?"

  "Those weird people... H-He might be in trouble...!" you said, not willing to give any more information to avoid suspicion.

  Gwyneth just remembered that her phone is still with her. So, she quickly opened her phone, and tried to message her parents... Only to be disappointed with the 'no signal' sign on the top-left side of her phone screen.

"Master, they're here!" 

Upon hearing this, you dragged the two kids farther away again.

  Soon after, the sound of numerous footsteps came forward from a distance. You smiled in relief, knowing that Cedric will be saved from them.

  You brought the two siblings and ran towards the way where the knights have came from, casting a invisible spell that only lasts 2 minutes. Not that it was intentional, but you could only do so much for now. It wasn't long until you all reached towards a light source in front, that the invisible spell had finally worn off. 

  All of you went out sneakily and hid behind a thick pole. Even though the siblings don't really get what or why you're doing these, they still followed along, to avoid any tragedies. For once, you were actually thankful that there were still quite a lot of smoke coming out of the castle door, since it was the reason how all of you snuck out without anyone noticing... at least you hope so.

  Noticing Anita from afar, you told them to go find Anita for safety and turned your back from them. Gwyneth noticed that you weren't going to go with them and used both of her hands to grip on your arm before you could go anywhere further.

You turned around, only to be greeted by the princess's watery eyes.

  Opening your mouth in panic, the other arm that wasn't gripped by her— was moving around franticly, trying to find a way to calm her down.

  She hiccupped but still opened her mouth and said, "Y- Y/N... Are you going back in there?"

  You nodded apologetically and said, "I have to see if Cedric's safe, with my very own eyes."

  Her tears finally flowed down from her beautiful eyes as she heard your response. The princess trembled from crying and you felt her grip on you tighter. You used your free hand and rubbed her head, pulling her into a hug afterwards.

"Sorry."

Was all you said, before you went back into the castle.

*★*----------------------------------*★*

Fun fact: 

  I was going to make Cedric being kidnapped and skip to like 6 years later or something like that, but decided that it would be too hard for me to continue the story onwards so I changed my mind LOL

+ It was the reason why this chapter took so long too ehe