IMtHPiW?! - 16 (Changing Colors)

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  520 then told you about what happened when you had fainted. It has been following people secretly to give you enough information when you wake up. It brought up a little notebook, cleared its throat,  and read the following out loud.

1. When the maids cleaned up the place, they noticed some fog machines. Uhmmm, like the one they use for stages... They brought it to the king and he ordered to get it tested right away, but sadly, there was no results.

2. They also noticed one unconscious guy laying on the ground. It's the same person as the one you knocked out a week ago. They splashed him with water to get him up, and it worked. He kept his mouth shut during interrogation.

  After a while, his face started going purple, and started gasping and coughing for air. Soon enough, he stopped moving, the doctor put her fingers just beneath the guy's nose, there was no signs of breathing. He was pronounced dead by poison.

3. Once again, they noticed that there was a gun kept on the dead person's body. It had a carving of a dog or a wolf of some kind... The king ordered his assistant coach to check what the sign means, but there seems to be no records about that certain logo.

You nodded approvingly and smiled at 520. 

'Mmm... Thank you for organizing these, 520.'

  520 looked at you and wiggled slowly, as if it was embarrassed at your compliment, the light surrounding it becoming a light pink.

  You looked at it in surprise, never knew that the light changes based on its mood. 

  Staring at it for a while in suspicion, you slowly reached your hand towards the rosy ball. From the moment you touched it, the light became a red hue this time. 520 jumped and yelled in embarrassment, "H-HEY! WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU'RE TOUCHING?!"

  Upon hearing the floating ball's complaint, you pouted and drew back your hand. 520 saw your sad expression and started to feel bad.

  "F-Fine! You can touch me... Only because you're the person I'm bounded with for the meantime... P-Plus, you helped me by completing the last mission perfectly, so- H-HEY! NOT TOO HARD!"

  You smiled at your little soft-hearted companion, petting it as if it was your little pet. It's a really nice feeling, not gonna lie, because it feels just like a warm light bulb. 

Ah yes, your new impression about 520 now: Floating warm light bulb that can change colors.

  'Why didn't you change colors in the past when were angry or embarrassed?'

  "Well... I didn't control it back then cause... it happened too fast for me to remember. P-Plus, I definitely didn't turned just now for you to like me more..."

"Pfft," you accidentally snickered out loud.

  Now that you think about it, it was all thanks to 520 that the knights found the perpetrators so early. From the moment you saw Cedric being held captive, you asked 520 if it could do something to notify them.

  Because its skill in technology is really high, it managed to interrupt their little devices that was used for tracking the location of where the controller was, like a mini GPS.

  The controller is in the general's hand, but everyone knew that the location wasn't tracking his, since he was right beside them and the screen showed elsewhere. Of course, the ones responsible for the management of all these devices couldn't find out how it showed the exact location of where Cedric was.

  The king wasn't mad when the person said that he couldn't find out how that happened, since it DID help his men locate the mysterious men (though they fled) and save his own son.

  'Thank goodness they received the message, good job, 520,' you smiled proudly and pulled 520 into a hug.

Your cute little companion blushed a deeper shade of red now.

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  Cedric is now in his own little study room. The book is opened in front of him, but he doesn't seem to be reading it. He stared at the page blankly, his long lashes fluttering every time he blinks.

A knock was heard from the door, but it didn't affect Cedric at all.

"Come in," he said.

  He stayed in the same position. When the person was already standing in front of him, he didn't even bother to bat an eye. The person, being used to this treatment, didn't waste any more time and said, "Your highness, she's awake."

  Cedric finally snapped out of his little bored position and widened his eyes at the man in front of him, "Really..!?"

His face couldn't even contain the excitement.

  The man nodded. It was his first time seeing his master so excited, the lady from the Bell family seems to have a great impact on his highness.

  Firstly, that time when he went with his master to the town. He stopped just to see what you were going to do. He normally doesn't care about anything, so that only happens like... once in a blue moon. Probably even longer...

  Secondly, he was about to go save Cedric from the attacker. But he stopped in his tracks when he saw that you were faster than him for a bit. His master didn't order them anything yet, so they kept hiding and didn't do a surprise attack to the unknown attackers. But they started joining in secretly as soon as they saw the king's men came in and fought them.

Plus, his highness didn't even budge when the lady touched him!!!

  Cedric checked himself out in the mirror, rearranging his outfit and hair for a while, and ordered the man to prepare a ride to the Bell's manor. The man snapped out of his thoughts and went to arrange it straight away, leaving Cedric alone in the room once again.

His face slowly became serious. 

  No one would ever think that someone with that expression, would be contemplating if he needs to change into another outfit before meeting you. 

  Soon enough, he pursed his lips and shook that thought out of his mind. He wants to see you as soon as possible, and not waste his time thinking about these things.

*★*----------------------------------*★*