IMtHPiW?! - 27 (Chaos)

*★*----------------------------------*★*
Author's Note:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I'm still alive!

Uhm so hi guys, I completely forgot about the plot that I was supposed to write for the ending 😭 Though I have some notes from before that might lead me to some clues

I'm incredibly sorry for the super duper delayed update. As you all would've guessed, school wasn't fun at all haha...

Anyways, I'll try to write an ending that's as close as what I wanted it to be, so please enjoy it! Thank you :)

*★*----------------------------------*★*

"Ah, so it was actually you."

You said in a voice that only the two of you could hear.

"Not only me."

He looked at you and smirked.

  You furrow your eyebrows in confusion, but since there is a bigger problem here, you decide to set aside your questions first. You watch as the guards roam around the mansion, trying to search for the proof that Cedric was talking about.

  Your eyes dart back to Cedric, and he smiles at you as if he knows what you are going to ask at that very moment. You know that Cedric is capable of reading your thoughts from your facial expressions very well, so you also know that he understood the question that you were about to ask. But seeing that he isn't willing to tell you the answer without you taking the first step, you decided to ask him directly.

"So... Where's the proof?" 

  Cedric chuckled at your eagerness. Though he still didn't tell you where it was, he gestured for you to come closer, and you obliged. You leaned forward, expecting him to whisper the secret to you. 

  You were right. As soon as you leaned forward, Cedric also did the same thing, except——

You felt something soft on your cheeks.

  Caught off guard, you moved your head to see what Cedric was doing. As soon as you did that, he jerked back to his original position and looked at you slyly. You glared at him playfully, "It's not the right time to do this right now, Cedric."

"It's a praise for being brave, Y/N."

  You looked at him surprised. He smiles lovingly at you and pats your head, "You did really well, Y/N."

  You didn't know why, but you feel like tearing up. This feels so nostalgic, and you kind of got a déjà vu from it. It's as if... someone had done the same thing to you, saying the same thing. 

  You suppressed your emotions before your tears could fall. You just shrugged it off, guessing that it might've been a memory that you weren't supposed to have until you finish these missions. 520 on the other hand, looked concerned for you. It noticed that you were about to cry. It didn't know what was the exact reason, but it knew that it wanted to make you a tad bit happier.

  "Cheer up, Master! After all of this is done, you could spend as much time here or just go straight to the next mission."

  You smiled at 520, knowing that it was trying to cheer you up, 'Thank you,' you said.

  They finally found the proof after 30 minutes. It was an elegant envelope that was placed in a locked box that was found in a drawer inside Edward Villalobos's private library. 

  The guards quickly brought the proof to Cedric. Of course, being a teeny nosy, you wanted to see what was written inside. Cedric noticed that you wanted to read it and offered it to you. You didn't say anything and read the letter. 

  It was just some boring letter about the neighboring king ordering Edward and Joanne to be spies for their kingdom, along with an official stamp that could only be used by the royals in that kingdom. You handed back the letter to Cedric. 

  Since everyone is detained from going outside too, most are in distress and wanted this to be over already, some wanted to see what the juicy drama was and were very eagerly conversing with other fellows, but nevertheless, everyone was now attentive to what Cedric is going to show them.

  "This is the proof," Cedric announced, showing everyone the letter, "It even has the official stamp of our neighboring country, what do you have to say, Edward Villalobos?"

  The man gritted his teeth and held up his hands. "I surrender," he says, closing his eyes in defeat. 

Joanne looked at his father in horror and screeched, "NO—— PAPA!"

  "SHUT UP!" he yells, "You've caused me enough trouble, Joanne Villalobos." Joanne looked at her father in disbelief once more. She then slumped onto the ground, sobbing relentlessly.

  This scenery of a beautiful young lady crying made a lot of young men, particularly those who had previously had feelings for Joanne, want to come up and comfort her. Remembering what had just happened though made them hesitate, in the end, no one approached her.

  You're supposed to feel relieved for this to happen, but somehow, you felt like something's wrong. Very wrong. Knowing that your gut feeling was probably true, you stepped up to warn Cedric about it.

As soon as you did, you heard many, many footsteps running around the mansion.

And a gun pointing towards you.

  "Y/N!!" you heard multiple voices shouting your name, and the chaos around you.

  "Don't move!" Edward said, "I'll kill her and everyone here if anyone moves." As soon as they heard him, the rest of the guests stopped running for their lives.

  Dead silence filled the room. Cedric scoffed, he knew that Edward had people hidden in this mansion, but couldn't force anyone go first without Edward getting alerted. He didn't expect this man was going to go for the "all or none" way.

  "Let us go freely and everyone lives, if not..." Edward said, moving his eyes and squinting at you, "She's going to be the first one to say goodbye."

And now the prince was more annoyed that this old man is using you as a threat.

  You pursed your lips, annoyed. Can't even cast a spell since everyone's eyes are on you. You had to think fast and quick on how to get everyone out safely first. You glanced at Cedric, seeing that he's also looking at you, you smiled and mouthed "Go."

  Cedric looked at you worriedly, you felt warm inside knowing that he cares so much about you. Not only him, there's others that also care a lot about you. So that's why—— you have to protect everyone.

"Trust me," you mouthed again. Cedric just smiled sadly at you and looked at Edward, he knew that he can't convince you otherwise. So he's going to find a way to get you out, even if it costed his life.

"Ding! Congratulations, you just got 5%. Current level is... 100%~!"

  You didn't have time to celebrate right now, you just have to find for the right timing to save everyone...

  "Alright," Cedric said, smiling gently. At that very moment, you could hear a lot of sighs of relief coming all around you. You looked around sympathetically.

Because what they wouldn't expect... would be this——!

"ROSE!" you shouted.

BANG!

A gunshot could be heard, along with a man's cry.

Chaos has risen, once again.

*★*----------------------------------*★*