High School Sweethearts - 22 (Lies, Lies, and More Lies)

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  You went back home along with Cedric. Since he knows that you already knew what the party's going to be about, it was unnecessary for him to confess to you again by then.

Looks like your parents were just done preparing the food for this little celebration party.

  "Ah! Y/N, my little girl..." Your mother looked at your dress, turning to Cedric to question him but was surprised that his clothes were looking as messy as yours. 

  The two of you decided to not change clothes, just in case if Dane ever tells this story to your parents. It would just make you two look more suspicious.

  "What happened to you two?" An unexpected yet familiar voice asked. You peeked behind your mother and saw two unexpected visitors in your place. They were Cedric's parents.

  You looked at Cedric questionably, your eyebrows raising along. He returned the look back at you. Not going to lie, you were kind of expecting Cedric to know something about this, even though you knew that this definitely wouldn't be in his plan.

  You then turned your gaze back at your mother, explaining, "It's a long story... But anyways, we were finding for Dane after we realized that he hadn't come to the school event. We tried calling him and leaving him messages but there was no response."

  Sighing, you looked up, wanting to see the reactions on your parents' faces. As expected, both of them- no. Actually, four of them had confused and worried looks on their faces. Even though you were certain that Cedric's parents don't even know who Dane is.

 You then said to yourself internally, 'It's so hard to lie about this...'

  520 perked up and said, "Don't worry master! Just stick to the made up script that we have discussed."

  "So, we were going to his apartment to look for him-" Yes, this was the most risky lie to be made. You parents AND Dane never told you about his current address, so you had to just hope that no one will ever find out about this.

  "-But I wanted to split up and was going to go back home to look for Dane, but then we saw a suspicious man creeping into the woods near our school. I wanted to check what's up with him... I just had a bad feeling about him."

  Cedric then continued, "I stopped Y/N at first but she was, of course, a bit hardheaded and wanted to follow the man. So, we followed him into the woods and found someone tied up..."

  "What?! Did you guys call the police?" Your mom asked frantically. Your dad pulled you in to check if you were hurt or not. He let out a big sigh of relief and let go of you when he was certain that you were not hurt at all.

   The boy right beside you, gave the same reason you gave to Dane on why the two of you didn't call the police. You glanced at Cedric, his lids were drooping down, as if he was really ashamed for his actions.

As expected... what a manipulator. But who are you to judge?

Aren't you doing the same thing too?

  No one said a single thing after that, you REALLY hope that they wouldn't call the police to file a report...

  You then continue to feed them lies, "We wanted to help the captive. But sadly, the kidnapper ran away before we could catch him, so we untied the ropes and took the blindfold off the victim. We... we found out that it was Dane..."

  Your dad quickly grabbed his phone out, ready to dial the number of the police station in your neighborhood. 

  "Wait!" You shouted all of a sudden before Cedric could say something. He stared at you blankly, pursing his lips at the same time. He was supposed to be protecting you, not the opposite...

  You started to shake in pure nervousness, with a bit of fear. Your mom widened her eyes and hugged you, patting your back frantically to calm you down. Your dad quickly closed his phone and came forward checking if you're okay.

  "I won't call the police. Try to breathe in and out," he sighed and held his head down guiltily, "Sorry."

  You looked at your father and shook your head, "No, I completely understand why you wanted to call the police, Dad. It's just... I really don't want to go to the woods again, and they might make us to go to the exact location of where it happened."

You glanced at Cedric warily, "Plus, w-we wouldn't remember where it would be!" 

  Cedric nodded in agreement as he notice your look and added, "But don't worry, we brought Dane back to his apartment and explained everything to him. Thankfully, he wasn't really hurt too."

  All of the adults sighed in relief. Since your stomach accidentally grumbled out loud, you and Cedric changed clothes first before all of you, including Cedric's parents, sit down and enjoy dinner. But, you could definitely tell that the mood had went down drastically, even if this was originally for a celebration.

*★*----------------------------------*★*