High School Sweethearts - 19 (Just in Time)

*★*----------------------------------*★*

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! I am very sorry for this really late update.

Yes, I know. I've been taking about 3-5 days to update one single chapter. 

My excuse :(  -

  I really want to make my story detailed and exciting to read. But because of writer's block + SCHOOL, I have been delaying the original schedule of what was supposed to be the publish date.

And I don't like it when my work is done half-assed. I really want you, the readers, to enjoy my story and have fun with it. So yeah, I apologize for these really late updates. 

Sit back, relax, remind yourself that you're doing great. Don't forget to drink water too. 

Enjoy this chapter~

( yes ik i've been apologizing these past few chapters but i just feel like there's a need to make everything clear, and i'm kinda scared of people losing interest in my story too :') )

*★*----------------------------------*★*

Silence. There weren't any noise from the crowd.

All you could hear was your heart beating.

  You stood up from your seat awkwardly and gulped from your nervousness. Seeing the host by the corner, you could feel your body relaxing from the tension. Not quite so though, seconds passed by and the host hasn't come to the stage yet.

  Panicking, you looked at his way and nudged your head ever so slightly. It was a relief that he saw your little action and quickly walk onto the stage and stood beside you.

Clap. 

  An applaud could be heard from the audience. You look up, smiling and blushing on the fact that someone enjoyed your performance. 

Then more started to follow

  The satisfying clapping sound coming from the crowd, along with the compliments and whistles, became louder and louder.

"WOW. That was amazing wasn't it? Even I was so entranced by it! It's as if Y/N can make ANY piece come to life!"

  You continue to stare at the big crowd. Your mind was going blank at this point, the voices and sounds muffled as you proudly smile. It wasn't long after when you notice an arm stretching out to the direction of the exit. So you quickly pulled yourself together before walking off the stage.

  When you almost reached the exit, people started to surround you. They bombarded you with questions like "MAY I TAKE A SELFIE WITH YOU?!" or "COULD YOU SIGN ON MY SHIRT!?"

  You looked around franticly, a bit surprised on how much people like you. While doing so, you accidentally lock eyes with a certain someone, it was Cedric. He was standing outside the door, along with your parents.

'Ah shit. Forgot about him...'

"Master, this way!"

  You wiggled yourself through the crowd, saying sorry's and excuse me's when you bump into someone. Finally making your way out, you sprinted out the exit door. There, you could see the smiling, proud faces of your loved ones.

"Mom, Dad!" You shouted as you hugged them. They hugged you back lovingly.

  "You did a great job, my dear!" You giggled at your mom's words. Your dad then put his left hand on your head, patting you. You knew how proud your dad was even if no words were said. 

  "Cedric! Did you like my performance?" You tilted your head towards him with a big smile plastered on your face. The boy nodded, smiling back at you, you could almost see the hearts in his eyes as you stared at him. 

  Cedric glanced at both of your parents and did a small nod. You look up at your parents questionably, but they darted their eyes away from yours. As if the three of them were hiding a secret from you.

'Something's fishy...' You thought.

  Cedric laughed at your expression, he then asked, "Let's go for a small walk around the stalls shall we?" You thought for a while, a bit curious on what your parents and Cedric is scheming. So you said yes.

The two of you were going to go but you stopped when your mom called you. 

"Oh! I almost forgot. Come here for a bit, Y/N!" You notified the boy beside you first before jogging back in front of your mother.

"Do you happen to know where Dane is?" Your dad asked. 

'SHIT. I forgot about him too...'

  Your attention shifted to your mom when she said, "Your aunt happen to notify me about him today. Why didn't you tell us about him earlier?"

"Uhh, I happen to just forgot about it. Sorry..."

  You mom sighed and said, "Dane came to this city by his own. That kid..." You mom sighed once again, before continuing, "He started working on his own too, I hope he's not too burdened with all the bills to pay."

  There was a moment of silence before your mom told you to quickly go back to your little date. You blushed at the statement but still did what she had told you.

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  The two of you walked along the sea of people. It's still really crowded even though the event has been going on for hours. So, Cedric finally mustered up the courage to hold hands with you. Fearing that the two of you might get separated there.

  You could feel the heat appearing on your face. But you still gripped back at his hold, smiling. This has made Cedric's heart go berserk, he gulped nervously as a result.

  You look around to distract yourself from your heating face, eyes glistening from the games and prizes around you. 

So you dragged Cedric to (almost) every single stall you could see.

  Cedric had told you that he needed to do some stuff, so he sadly have to leave. And of course, being the smart person you are, you knew that this got to have something to do with Dane. So you nodded, before following him in secret. 

  You soon stand before the wooden cabin. Sure, it was a scary experience to go in the woods while still wearing your formal outfit, but it was doable.

You sighed as you hid behind a bush. Hoping that you'll make it in time.

*★*----------------------------------*★*