IMtHPiW?! - 21 (Mysterious Message)

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  Out of nowhere, you felt something hard in front of your foot. You widened your eyes as you lost your balance. Mind went completely blank as you fall forward—— feeling yourself going nearer and nearer to the ground.

  But before you could suffer the harsh crash, you felt a firm hand hold onto your waist. The force of the hand pulled you back, which made you fall into an embrace instead. 

  You grunted in response, feeling the hard chest behind you. 

    Cedric tensed up as he feels the girl's soft body bump against him. He could clearly make out the smell of the sweet scent that was only detectable when one's very close against her.

  He looked down and tilted his head to the right and asked carefully, "Are you alright?"

  As you feel the hot breath coming from the boy behind you, hearing his raspy voice that was spoken right against your ear, your heart rate started going up rapidly. It pounds like a drum in your chest, fast and hot in anticipation of... something. 

  No, no. As soon as you realized what you had just thought, you shook it out of your head immediately.

  You looked around in hurry. Seeing that the people around you had already stopped talking and were staring at the two of you— made you a lot more embarrassed than you already were. 

  Before Cedric could ask once again, you broke out of his grip hurriedly and looked down in embarrassment. 

"Ding! Congratulations, you just got 3%. Current level is... 93%~ Please continue to do your best!"

  "I- I'm alright..!" you said, as you touched your burning cheek with your hand.

  As if your words woke them up from their daze, people coughed awkwardly as they come up with obvious excuses to get out of here.

"Ah... I think I left my book somewhere... I should go find for it."

"I-I'm pretty full now... T-Time to go back to class I guess..!"

"Uhm... I- I think my best friend is waiting for me somewhere..."

"Huh? But I'm here?"

"SHH!!! D-Don't say anything more, let's go...!"

"..."

  Your brain stopped working as you remembered how close you were against Cedric. To the point that you could feel his heart beating as quick as yours a while ago. The thought of it made you blush even more.

A second later, you heard Gwyneth's worried voice coming up behind you.

"ARE YOU OKAY Y/N?! DID YOU GET HURT ANYWHERE?"

  You nodded and reassured her about your safety, "I'm alright!" You glanced at Cedric shyly, noticing that he was already staring at you, you quickly diverted your eyes away from him and continued, "I-It's all thanks to Cedric..."