IMtHPiW?! - 29 (Just Us - END)

(you can play the music attached if you want! wear headphones for a better experience!)

*★*----------------------------------*★*

  "Well," you thought of an excuse, "A mysterious man dressed in all black rescued me; I couldn't remember what happened exactly since I lost conscious as soon as I saw him."

  "Ah..." she nodded in understanding. Gwyneth somehow knew that it wasn't what had actually happened but decided not to push further since you're not willing to give out the actual details.

  You smiled at her. Even if someone suddenly questions the reality now, you doubt anyone would openly ask you anymore; since you did help them escape from the mess two days ago. Plus, they'd be more shocked and distracted by what had just happened to them than to worry about you.

  The two of you decided to talk a bit more about what had happened while you were unconscious. The king ordered everyone to keep the battle in secret and made up a lie that the Villalobos family illegally earned money so that the people in this kingdom won't fret about being in danger.

  Not long after, your bedroom is now filled with people. You talked to your parents, then to the king and queen. They gifted you a bunch of expensive things before leaving so that you and the young ones can catch up with each other.

  Because of that, you discovered that the message you got before the party was from Garyth and Cedric. They teamed up without telling the poor princess.

  The princess felt extremely betrayed by her two brothers, to which they responded, "We just didn't want you to tell it to Y/N accidentally." 

You laughed, and Gwyneth rolled her eyes at their excuse.

  The brothers were aware that their father suspected the Villalobos of being spies from another kingdom. The king lacked evidence to apprehend them, so they offered to help. Basically, the two brothers are risking this one chance up to you "ruining" Joanne's party—— So that they can use the evil deed that Joanne did to further expose the Villalobos's bad intentions to the nobles. At the same time, what had happened back at the Villalobos's mansion serves as a warning to the ones that dream of overthrowing the current royal family.

  But still, Cedric felt a bit sorry for keeping a secret from you...

  The princess and the younger prince looked at each other and then at the two lovebirds. Both of them sighed. 

  "Just call us if you need anything!" Gwyneth said, glancing at his nodding younger brother. They then walked out together, not forgetting to close the door.

  Before you could say anything, Cedric plunged onto your bed, arms wrapped tightly around you. You were surprised but didn't resist and let him continue hugging you.

  "We're finally alone... I missed you so much," he said, sounding a bit muffled. 

  You laughed and ruffled his hair, to which he moved his head to the side to look at you. You didn't back down and stared at him back. The two of you stayed in the same position for a few minutes until you couldn't handle it anymore and laughed out loud.

  Cedric raised his eyebrow at your reaction and moved a bit closer to your ear, to which you raised your hand in front of his mouth and said jokingly, "Hey, no funny business here!"

  The prince just stared at your hand, barely touching his lips and back at you. You noticed this and blushed a bit. He was so close to you that you could smell the subtle scent of what seemed to be sandalwood from him, and that made you blush even harder. You retreated your hand, only to be stopped by his.