Burgers

After Zach got my number, he wouldn't stop texting me, asking me how my day was and what I was doing. When I started to ignore him he decided he needed to text me every 2 minutes saying different variations of 'hi', which kept me up all night. The next day I woke up to 247 new text.

I got to school, dressed in sweat pant, a tank top with a jacket over it, and a messy bun, and walked to my locker to get my stuff for my morning classes. When I got to my locker Zach was already leaning against his locker which was right by mine because both out last names started with an 'M'.

"Hey there beautiful." How is he so cheery?

"Yeah, I feel real pretty since you kept me up all night." I sent him a glare before shoving him, causing him to loose balance and fall. I try to cover my laugh and turned to open my locker.

"Damn! You're strong."

"Thanks I try." I stated sarcastically, even though I do try. I shut my locker, after getting every thing I needed, and winked at him.

"Most girls have as much muscle as a squirrel. I bet your stronger than Gavin." now it was his turn to wink at me. Smirks formed on both of our faces.

"I wouldn't doubt it." I looked up at him, because he 6 inches taller than me, and he slug his arm around me and I could feel him laughing. I tried shrugging off his arm but it was useless, all that muscle he had made his arm so damn heavy. I mean I'm strong but that boys arm is just....ugh and plus it's a weird angle.

We continued down the hall, receiving some weird looks, until we got to chemistry, Zach dropped his arm and I sighed in relief of the weight that was literally lifted of my shoulder. Ha that was pretty funny.

I gave Mr.Masser a 'good morning' smile and he returned it before he and Zach did one of those manly nod things.

"Man, you get here early, there is literally no one here."

"Excuse me Mr.Mason, but I highly disagree that I would be classified as a 'no one'." I looked up in time to see Mr.Masser wink at me, signaling that it was a joke, but Zach didn't catch that because he was looking down in shame. I had to put my hand over my mouth to cover my giggles as I sat in the back corner and Zach sat next to me, still looking down.

"Sorry Mr.M."

Before I could stop it, a loud snort left my nose, not that I could have stopped it in any other situation but it was still embarrassing. It got even worse when I realize they were both staring at me now.

"Did you really just snort?" Well thanks Zach for rubbing in the embarrassment.

"Shut up. You're the one who can't take a joke." and with that I looked down and pulled my sketching notebook out and turned back to the zombie head I was working on for the past 2 weeks. It had intense detail on the scabs and shot wounds.

"That's some pretty gross detail."

"Does that mean it looks real?" I looked up with my so much hope I thought I would explode. I was basically just going over it, adding shading and darker lines, since I finished 2 days ago.

"Yeah. It looks really awesome. So, who is this 'zombie buddy' of you." He added air quotes with his fingers and paused for a minute but started talking again before I could respond. "Are you cheating on me with another best friend?" Zach gasp and leaned back putting his hand on his chest, amusement and fake concern written on his face.

"No." I say with a laugh "It's for my baby." I mumble with a smile on my face, when I think about him and his cute little face I just have to smile.

"I'm sorry. Y-your what?" I looked up to see his eyebrows almost shot off his face and his eyes wide.

I giggled a little before making my face go serious, this right here was the perfect 'best friend' test. Not that I was actually going to get close to him what so ever.