Coffee Grounds and Chessboards.

"Are you sure you'll be all right by yourself?" Pandora asked. "I don't mind just showing up on the day of—"

"I'll be fine," (Y/n) assured. "Two weeks is nothing. I know how to cook... well enough to survive, I've got a fully stocked pantry, and I've got the Weasleys if I need help." Pandora stared at (Y/n) for a long while.

"Are you sure?"

"Positive," (Y/n) laughed. "You guys go have fun as a family—"

"You're our family too!" Luna cried. (Y/n)'s lips twitched up as the Lovegoods firmly nodded.

"Well, I'm just fine staying here where I'll have a warm shower and not have to light a fire."

"...you've never been in a magical tent, have you?" Pandora mused. "One day we'll go camping and show you just how similar a tent is to a house."

"Oh, that's not real camping," (Y/n) scoffed. Pandora smiled fondly and shook her head.

"If plans change, let us know," Pandora said. "It might be a little late to accept the Patils' invitation, though."

"I will," (Y/n) agreed. She picked up her bag as she was heading the same way as them, the only difference being that she had a shift that day.

"You have your house key?"

"Mhm."

"And you know what numbers to call if you're in danger?"

"Yes."

"And you'll stay safe?"

"The safest," (Y/n) smiled at their protective natures.

(Y/n) glanced around the relatively empty coffee shop when she entered. There was a pair of middle-aged men in the corner, playing a game of chess that, likely, would be the highlight of (Y/n)'s shift. Her manager took that as her cue to retreat to her office, making (Y/n) roll her eyes. Was she really going to leave a fifteen-year-old alone with a bunch of machines and hot drinks?
(Y/n) rose the counter and got behind it before lowering it back down again. She briefly slipped into the breakroom to set down her bag and grab her apron. Her uniform was all black: a mid-sleeve low-cut black shirt, a short pencil skirt, and black tights (they were given some slack with the tights and (Y/n) often went with patterned tights). Most of the uniform was hidden by the white apron that had a border of beige around the bottom. In addition to her uniform, (Y/n) wore her usual gloves only she wore white disposable ones rather than cloth.
(Y/n) tied the bow in the front, cinching her waist and giving the apron a bit of flair. She tied her hair up into a ponytail and washed her hands before coming back out, sighing in relief upon spotting there were still no customers.

"Hi, Maia. Hi, Lucas," (Y/n) greeted as the two older teenagers rose the counter before dropping it again. Now more than ever, the smell of the coffee shop hit (Y/n): the coffee grounds, the light caramelized and nutty scents from speciality coffees, the faint smell of pastries, and Maia's perfume as she passed.

"Hi, love," Maia smiled, passing into the room. "Left you all alone, huh?"

"Mhm. No hi or anything," (Y/n) sighed.

"At least there are no customers," Lucas said half-heartedly, reappearing from the back.

"Not yet," Maia chimed. "Almost rush hour. You know how busy things get on Saturdays." Lucas groaned.

"Why'd the whole world collectively decide that any time after lunch but before dinner is an acceptable time to shop? I'm more of a 'get things done in the morning, lounge around for the rest of the day' kind of person."