Flying Lessons.

"This is really risky, you know!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she was practically dragged to the open field that the Weasleys used for Quidditch. The field happened to be just out of sight of Ottery St Catchpole. "Not for the Muggles, but for me! I will cry if these lessons will get taken out of context!"

"Relax!" Bill laughed.

"I'll relax when I don't have to take these stupid lessons!" (Y/n) cried, clinging to the wooden fence they all just stepped over. Ginny was trying to tug (Y/n) away from it and Hermione was prying (Y/n)'s hands away to little success. Eventually, Hermione had indeed succeeded but sent GInny and (Y/n) falling back as a result.

"Oh—" Charlie said in surprise as they all stared into the patch of tall grass in which (Y/n) and Ginny had previously been. Their surprise was soon turned into laughter when (Y/n), followed by Ginny, poked her head out of the grass. (Y/n) seized the opportunity to escape unnoticed. She climbed back over the fence and was halfway up the hill that would give her coverage before her name was shouted.

"Nice try!"

"This is ridiculous!" (Y/n) hissed, thrashing wildly as George brought her back onto the field.

"Five minutes, twenty feet in the air. Doesn't sound too hard, does it?" Bill soothed.

"That's, like, two feet taller than a giraffe!" (Y/n) squeaked, rapidly shaking her head.

"Ah. So the height's the problem," Bill mused. "Not the actual flying."

"I said that last night... Well, I was trying to anyway," (Y/n) said.

"Makes sense... Look at her," Ginny said, standing up straighter in order for their two-inch height difference to actually be noticeable.

"But we were really high up at the Quidditch Game," Hermione commented.

"And you think I looked down?" (Y/n) scoffed. "At a Quidditch Game?"

"Well... No, I guess not," Hermione mumbled. 

"Up!" Bill said, holding his hand above his broom. His broom flew up into his hand and (Y/n) looked at him with annoyance that vanished the second he glanced in her direction. "Go on," he mused. (Y/n) rolled her eyes.

"Up," she said, not even trying. The broom, sensing that she didn't want to fly, raised itself vertically in the air, the bristles facing up. (Y/n), who hadn't expected the broom to so much as twitch, stared at it in surprise.

"Well— That's a start... Let it—" Bill cut himself off as (Y/n) shrieked when the broom continuously started hitting her. Laughter rang through the field and Hermione, who was not laughing, took hold of the broom, which put a stop to the hitting. She let it fall to the ground and rounded on those laughing. Bill, who also didn't laugh, had a smile playing on his lips.

"Not funny!" Hermione scolded. "She needs words of encouragement not laughter of discouragement!"

"Hermione, I know (Y/n)," Ginny mused. "She sees things that she can't do as a challenge."

"But laughing isn't the way to do it!" Hermione exclaimed.

"Hermione's right," Bill said. "I brought you because you're her friends—"

"No. We came to help teach," Fred protested. "You weren't even on a Quidditch team! What do you know?"

"What teaching background do you have?"

"Teaching first and seconds years and an extra class for sixth and seventh years for two years does not count as teaching!"

"You taught at Hogwarts?" Hermione asked.