The Play.

(Y/n) was dressed to look like a child's doll. She had a high collared shirt beneath her shimmery blue dress that looked purple under some lights. She had a hoop skirt in usual 1840s fashion and a 1840s inspired bodice as well. As this was meant to be morning outerwear and not an evening gown, (Y/n) had a bonnet with it, meaning she couldn't have 'hair as white as snow.' They compromised by having fake snow constantly falling on her.
When the cue of a bright light meant to blind the audience came, (Y/n) hurried on stage, her heels clicking against the floor as she drew to a stop, resting her parasol in front of her, wearing a gracious smile as she turned ever so slightly to project to the audience as much as she was talking to Scrooge.

"Are you the spirit whose coming was foretold to me?" Scrooge asked.

"I am."

"Who and what are you?"

"I am the Ghost of Christmas Past," (Y/n) said smoothly.

"Long past?"

"Your past."

"Why are you here?"

"Your welfare. Rise. Walk with me."

"I am mortal still. I cannot travel through air."

"My hand," (Y/n) said, holding out a white-gloved hand. Scrooge seemed reluctant to take it. The bells from (Y/n)'s necklace rang (not really. They were too small to make much sound. Someone offstage had rung the bells). The lights were brightened again and on stage, the scene was magically changed. Two boys were greeting each other.

"Halloo, Jack!"

"Ben! Merry Christmas, Ben!"

"Jack Walton," said Scrooge. "Young Jack Waltons. Spirits..?"

"Have a good holiday, Jack!"

"Yes, yes. I remember them," said Scrooge. "Both of them. Little Ben Benjamin. He used to..."

"See you next term, Jack. Next... term..."

"They're off for the holidays and going home from school," Scrooge told (Y/n). "It's Christmas time... all of the children off home now... No... no, not all... There was one..." He motioned over to a boy that was playing with a teddy bear by himself whilst talking to it. "Yes... reading... poor boy."

"What, I wonder?" (Y/n) hummed.

"Reading? Oh, it was nothing. Fancy, all fancy and make-believe and take-me-away. All of it. Yes, nonsense."

"Ali Baba," said the student playing young Scrooge.

"Yes... That was it," said Scrooge.

"Genii, take me to the Gate of Damascus."
(Y/n) smiled rather awkwardly as she watched the interaction take place. She really was supposed to sit there and look pretty, wasn't she? Finally when the two children were made to run off, (Y/n) put out her hand to stop them.
"Let me watch them go?" Scrooge requested. "Let them be happy for a moment!" (Y/n) didn't give an answer and the light slowly faded out, leaving her and Scrooge alone on stage. "A delicate, delicate child. A breath might have withered her."

"She dies as a woman and had, as I remember, children," (Y/n) said. 

"One child."

"Your nephew."

"Yes, yes, Fred, my nephew," said Scrooge. "Well. Well, all of us have that, haven't we? Childhoods? Sadness? But we grow and we become men, masters of ourselves." (Y/n) subtly waved her hand, cueing for the music of Fezziwig's Party to begin. It, at first, is heard from a great distance but grew louder and eventually, Scrooge noticed it. "I've no time for it, Spirit. Music and all your Christmas nonsense. Yes, yes, I've learnt what you have to show me." Fezziwig, young Ebenezer, and Dick appeared onstage, preparing for a party.