The Hospital Wing.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Bill frowned.

"You're hot. I don't want you to see me a disgusting mess."

"Crying does not make you a 'disgusting mess,'" Bill insisted, plopping down beside (Y/n).

"Back, back! Get away!" (Y/n) cried, hiding her face and clinging tightly to the railing. Bill smirked.

"Come on, don't be like that," he said.

"Like what?"

"Difficult," Bill said. "Mum, Remus, and Regulus are having a fit over you; Harry hasn't returned from... wherever he went and Lily and James are livid; Hermione, Ron, Fred, George, and Ginny are probably the only rational ones at the moment... though they are harassing Madam Pomfrey; Merula and Freyja are with... um... nevermind that, we'll find them later; Marlene, Mary, Dorcas, and the Longbottoms are helping Remus and Regulus... it's chaotic. Let's go and I'll text someone."

"Don't wanna."

"You've gotta."

"Can't I stay here?"

"No. Come on," Bill said, hopping to his feet. He waited for (Y/n) to get up but she didn't move. Bill shook his head and simply decided to shoot a random group chat the 'I found her' text and hope word would get around. "(Y/n), I'll carry you myself if I have to."

"Do it, coward," (Y/n) challenged. She yelped and clung to Bill's shoulders as she was actually picked up. "Put me down!"

"You told me I could pick you up."

"I thought you were kidding!"

"If you're challenging my courage, (Y/n), I most definitely will not be kidding."

"Asshat."

"Hey."

"Sorry," (Y/n) mumbled. Bill smiled. As Bill reached the bottom of the Astronomy Tower, (Y/n) slowly rested her head against his chest, a pout settling on her face. Her hands fell limply from Bill's shoulders and hung loosely as reality crashed hard into her. "I'm gonna throw up," she mumbled. 

"That won't do," Bill said. "Almost there."

"No we aren't."

"You're right, but it helps, doesn't it?"

"Hm. Maybe... Think Madam Pomfrey will let me shower?"

"I'm sure she will."

"Brilliant. Don't tell them anything until we're in there," (Y/n) said. Bill's eyes widened and he chose against telling (Y/n) they were already expecting her. "Bill!" (Y/n) hissed suddenly. "You told them we're coming?"

"How'd you know?"

"I can hear them talking to Madam Pomfrey," (Y/n) mumbled. Dread filled (Y/n)'s entire being. Going to the hospital wing would mean facing the people she openly ran away from. She knew Cassius was right about her needing to rely on them just this once.

"How do you hear them talking?" Bill ventured to ask.

"I'm not in the mood to talk about it, but I can hear the whole school at my choosing," (Y/n) said.

"...right," Bill murmured, eyeing (Y/n) in concern. She was crying again. "Sorry for asking."

"It's all— all right," (Y/n) sniffled, wiping her tears with her sleeve. Her makeup had already been leaking from the first mini-breakdown she had up in the Astronomy Tower, but now her makeup was most definitely messed up.
"Be quiet. Don't say anything about me until I'm safe in the bathroom," (Y/n) grumbled as they reached the medical wing. Bill set (Y/n) down and Madam Pomfrey opened her mouth to say something, but both Bill and (Y/n) shushed her. (Y/n) questioningly pointed at the bathroom and Madam Pomfrey nodded, giving (Y/n) the okay to slip into the bathroom. She pointed her finger at a wooden chair and summoned it to her before getting inside and jamming the doorhandle after locking it.