The Unexpected Task.

"So, did that certain someone ask you out yet?" Chija asked (Y/n). Due to school finally being out, they were roaming the corridors without needing to be in uniform or get to class. Chija's group of friends had accompanied them, much to (Y/n)'s discomfort.

"They must've," Marietta said. "She's started her dress."

"It's Luna's dress," (Y/n) correctly gloomily. "She's going with Padma, who didn't want to go alone and gave Luna an opportunity to go with Ginny, who's going with Neville— You know, because Luna and Ginny are both third years and can't get in without a fourth year or higher."

"(Y/n), if you don't get a date soon, you'll be alone," Marietta said warningly.

"I know—"

"Er— (Y/n)?" Absolute dread filled (Y/n) as Harry's voice met her ears. "Could I have a word with you?"
Chija, Marietta, and their friends giggled at the two. (Y/n) looked to Chija for help, but the girl didn't seem to notice it. (Y/n) around with an awkward, "Okay," and followed Harry out of earshot of Chija's group of friends.
Harry turned to look at her and his stomach gave a weird lurch as though he had missed a step going downstairs. (Y/n) was internally panicking, hoping and praying Harry wouldn't ask her what she thought he was going to ask. She didn't want to mess up another friendship.
"Er," he said.
He couldn't ask her. He couldn't. But he had to. (Y/n) stood there, feigning a puzzled look, watching him.
The words came out before Harry had quite got his tongue around them.
"Wangoballwime?"

"Sorry?" (Y/n) asked, pretending she hadn't caught every word.

"D'you— d'you want to go to the ball with me?" said Harry. There was the slightest red-tint to his brown skin and he internally cursed himself for blushing.

"Oh!" (Y/n) exclaimed and her face grew hot for both second-hand embarrassment and for getting herself into this situation. "Oh Harry, I'm really sorry," and she truly looked it. "I've already got someone to go with." She hoped this would actually be true.

"Oh," said Harry. He looked hurt and (Y/n) felt absolutely horrible. "Oh okay," he said, "no problem."

"I'm really sorry," she said again.

"That's okay," Harry insisted, trying to smile in assurance that it wasn't that big of a deal. 

"Well—"

"Yeah," said Harry.

"Well, bye." Harry stood and watched (Y/n) quickly return to Chija, looking just about ready to cry. Grimacing, Harry made back for the Gryffindor common room. 

(y/n)'s support squad

chija
(y/n) won't come out of her room after turning down three people...

parvati
THREE? geez!

lavender
who?

chija
harry, george, and a girl from durmstrang. i don't know her name

padma
yikes!

lavender
really popular amongst people who wear red, i suppose

LMAO

parvati
george doesn't seem to be taking it too hard. he's now going with lee

chija
aw!

i'm not too sure about harry, but he's asked ron to be his friend-date

parvati
that is going to be SO funny