Blond Ferrets.

"—and learning the theory is always necessary in getting a general sense of how to do Legilimency or Occlumency," Moody finished. (Y/n)'s arms were full of four large textbooks that looked like they were from the restricted section. Her wand was in her hand and a jet of light was wrapped around her Fanged Geranium, holding it in the air as she and Mad-Eye Moody headed for the Great Hall.

"Are you sure that's a good idea?" (Y/n) pressed.

"You're the one that wanted to learn, didn't you?

"...yes," (Y/n) mumbled.

"It's gotta be done then, lassie—"
BANG!
A sound came from just beyond the staircase and Moody limped down the marble staircase. From the looks of it, Draco Malfoy had tried to hit Harry with a spell and the two now had their wands out. A second loud BANG, and a roar that echoed through the entrance hall followed.
"OH NO YOU DON'T, LADDIE!"
Moody's wand was out and it was pointing right at a pure white ferret, which was shivering on the stone-flagged floor, exactly where Draco had been standing.
There was a terrified silence in the entrance hall. Nobody but Moody was moving a muscle. Moody turned to look at Harry— at least, his normal eye was looking at Harry; the other one was pointing into the back of his head.
"Did he get you?" Moody growled. His voice was low and gravelly.

"No," said Harry, "missed."

"LEAVE IT!" Moody shouted.

"Leave— what?" Harry said, bewildered.

"Not you— him!" Moody growled, jerking his thumb over his shoulder at Crabbe, who had just frozen, about to pick up the white ferret. It seemed that Moody's rolling eye was magical and could see out of the back of his head.
Moody started to limp toward Crabbe, Goyle, and the ferret, which gave a terrified squeak and took off, streaking toward the dungeons.
"I don't think so!" roared Moody, pointing his wand at the ferret again— it flew ten feet into the air, fell with a smack to the floor, and then bounced upward once more.

"Oh my..." (Y/n) said, staring down with wide eyes.

"I don't like people who attack when their opponent's back's turned," growled Moody as the ferret bounced higher and higher, squealing in pain. "Stinking, cowardly, scummy thing to do."
The ferret flew through the air, its legs and tail flailing helplessly.
"Never— do— that— again—" said Moody, speaking each word as the ferret hit the stone floor and bounced upward again.

"Professor Moody!" said a shocked voice.
Professor McGonagall was making her way past (Y/n) on the marble staircase with her arms full of books. (Y/n)'s Fanged Geranium nipped at Professor McGonagall and missed, making (Y/n) nervously move her plant so that it now floated in front of her rather than beside her.

"Hello Professor McGonagall," said Moody calmly, bouncing the ferret still higher.

"What— what are you doing?" said Professor McGonagall, her eyes following the bouncing ferret's progress through the air.

"Teaching," said Moody.

"Teach— Moody, is that a student?" shrieked Professor McGonagall, the books spilling out of her arms.

"Yep," said Moody.

"No!" cried Professor McGonagall, running down the stairs and pulling out her wand; a moment later, with a loud snapping noise, Draco Malfoy had reappeared, lying in a heap on the floor with fleek blond hair all over his now brilliantly pink face. He got to his feet, wincing.
"Moody, we never use Transfiguration as a punishment!" said Professor McGonagall weakly. "Surely Professor Dumbledore told you that?"

"He might've mentioned it, yeah," said Moody, scratching his chin unconcernedly, "but i thought a good sharp shock—"

"We give detentions, Moody! Or speak to the offender's Head of House!"