The Yule Ball.

"(Y/n), it's fine, really!" Parvati insisted. "We don't need the help... and we don't want your feelings hurt."

"Oh, but I'll be so lonely!" (Y/n) dragged out dramatically. Parvati shook her head with a smile.

"It's for the best!" she said, waving (Y/n) away. All four of the fourth years and the two third years were dressed by now.
Hermione with a periwinkle blue dress. The skirt had four layers to it and reached the floor. The bodice had a heart neckline and sheer short sleeves. Lavender was helping Hermione style her hair into a low bun and had gone through far too many hair potions. 
Padma had a choli in a vibrant turquoise colour. The top had a boat neckline and the neckline was embroidered with gold thread, just like the cuffs of Padma's sleeves. Her lehenga was the same exact colour as her top and the bottom had the same thread in a beautiful design. Parvati was helping Padma decide how she wanted to wear her dark blue with golden embroidery sari and they soon settled on having it over Padma's left shoulder. Her long hair was in a loose braid and a circlet of gold went around the back of her head, stopping before it could be a full circle. There was a mang tikka at the upper centre of her forehead and it had a dark blue gem. Her jhumkas and bangles were sitting on Parvati's desk, for she didn't want to put them on just yet.
Parvati had the same exact accessories as Padma (only with a dark pink gem rather than blue). Her choli was dark pink and had the same neckline and details as Padma. Her skirt is lehenga was where things differed. There was still the same gold embroidery, only near the bottom half the skirt had diagonally cut (and sewn over to prevent fraying) and there was a lighter pink— salmon— that had the same details as Padma's turquoise lehenga. Her Sari was already in place also on her left shoulder and was of the same fabric as the lower half of her skirt. 

Lavender was wearing a... well, lavender dress. It had a darker shade with a heart neckline and reached the floor. There was an overlayer of sheer lavender that had fake flowers and works of embroidery on it. The overlayer was high-collared and long-sleeved, unlike the underdress. She had light pink heels on. Her curly (died) blonde hair was tied up into a fun knot and, unlike Hermione's bun, she was embracing her curls. The light purple clashed very nicely with her dark skin and she was felt very confident in her dress.
Ginny's dress had been modified by (Y/n), for it had been both too big and was way outdated. When modifying it, (Y/n) removed the very odd green peter pan collar and removed the red stars on the front. She had resized the bodice so that it fit and with the red sash around the middle, (Y/n) cut it in half and sewed over the sides to assure it didn't fray. The sash was now detachable and the other half was also sitting as a hair bow in Ginny's half-up hairstyle. (Y/n) had removed one of the green over-layers to the skirt and instead used it as sheer sleeves to the bodice. Both Ginny and Molly were very happy with the results.
Luna's dress had to be one of the hardest for (Y/n) to make. Luna had originally sketched up a plum design that had a very rose-looking bodice and (Y/n) had absolutely no clue how to do that. She did her best, and Luna now had what looked like some sort of flower for the bodice, followed by a sash around her centre, and a very layered skirt due to the amount of pinning (Y/n) had to sew in order to get an overall flower shape. Luna seemed very satisfied, so (Y/n) was at least proud she was able to pull something like that off. 

"You're positive?" (Y/n) finally asked. "No help anywhere?"

"Actually— Will you do my eyeshadow and eyeliner?" Lavender requested, holding up a pink eyeliner pencil. She had managed to get Hermione's hair into a bun. "But don't colour it in. I just want the outline, if that makes sense..."
It had taken (Y/n) half an hour for the girls to finally convince her to leave Lavender, Parvati, Hermione, and their roommates' dorm and when she did, she hurried through the halls. She had only two hours to get ready and she knew that with how quickly the other girls had gotten ready, most of their time would be spent chatting together.