Chapter 20

-Vikk's POV-

"Lachlan, I'm going to the store." I say to Lachlan, as I slip my shoes on and grab my keys.

"Okay, drive safely." He replies from the kitchen table.

I quickly head over to him, bending down and kiss him. I then head outside to my car.

It was a very nice day. There were no clouds, and it was pretty warm out. It had been over a month since the "incident." Jerome had taken Mitch to his parent's house for awhile to recover, also going with him. So now, only Lachlan, Rob, Preston and I lived at the house. It felt empty without them, but we did what we had to do. They would come back later, after all.

I hop in my car and head to the store, which was only a three minute drive. I was the designated grocery shopper in the house. Preston and Rob usually clean, while Lachlan cooks.

After shopping for awhile, I arrive home, arms full of groceries. As I approach the front door, Lachlan quickly opens in and takes some bags. I thank him and bring the bags into the kitchen. We put everything away and decide to go swimming. After Mitch and Jerome left, we filled the pool back up.

Being around it still made me uncomfortable, but I was going to have to deal with it.

We arrive outside, sun directly above us. It had gotten significantly hotter, perfect weather for swimming. Lachlan runs and jumps into the pool, while I walk and slowly lower myself into the water. I jump as the freezing water hits me, much colder than I thought it would be. I force myself into the ice cold water.

"Vikk, don't be a baby!" I hear Lachlan yells from the other side of the pool.

I sigh and swim over to him. It didn't take long since I was a fast swimmer and the pool wasn't too big. When I reach him, I burst out of the water, tackling Lachlan. He laughs as he picks me up, being a lot stronger than me, and throws me.

"Fish Fish Fish!" I manage to scream as I hit the water.

I quickly recover and once again try and tackle him, but he grabs me before I can, as he pulls us underwater. I kick him, but he won't let me go. He then lets go of me, swimming to the surface as do I.

"You.. could have.. drowned us.." I say as I catch my breath.

"I know." He replies.

We laugh and decide it's time to get out of the pool.

Lachlan wraps a towel around me, then proceeding to hold my hand. We head inside, and get dressed so we can start dinner.

Life was starting to feel normal again.

-------------------------------------

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't updated, and this is sort of a filer chapter. I'm writing this from a computer that won't let me bold/italic stuff, so I'll fix that later if I remember

Also, OH MY GOD 14K READS. We are so FUDGING close to 15k. I can't even explain how happy I am. I hope you enjoyed this chapter full of banter. Have a nice day!