Chapter 3

-Lachlan's POV-

As the teams show up, I am happy to see I was paired with Vikk. I mean, I know I was going to be paired with him. I had requested to be teamed up with him, and I had been.

I enchant all of my gear and watch him run into an open field, trying to find spiders. I make sure I have at least protection I on all of my gear, then I join him, bringing the enchant table with me.

I find Vikk killing a spider and walk over to him.

"Hey! How much string you got?" I ask.

"Already 4. We can make a bow, we just need two more string."

I nod and scan the plains biome, sadly not seeing any spiders.

"Well, there's not any spiders around. You can have the bow though, I probably have too much ping." I tell him.

He sets down a crafting table, crafting the bow. Suddenly, as it becomes quiet, I hear the low sound of a player walking on grass.

I turn around to see Taz and Justin coming straight at us.

"Vikk!" I yell, startled.

Vikk quickly turns around and snipes Justin in the face. I quickly run behind Taz and start hitting him with my sword, killing him in a few hits. I turn around to see Vikk being killed by Justin, and I immediately run over and murder Justin.

"Phew! Thanks Lachlan!" Vikk says to me. "Anything for my Vikkstar one two and three!"

I say, and press tab to see Vikk has a little more than half health, due to his good armor. I toss him my extra gold apple, not taking any damage during that fight. Vikk eats the apple along with his own and his health immediately goes back up to 20, 24 with absorption hearts.

Vikk hands me both of the heads to keep, along with a diamond chestplate he had crafted, also putting one on.

"They had a lot of diamonds.." Vikk points out.

"But not enchants." I add.

-Vikk's POV-

"Vikk!" I hear someone call from downstairs. "Food!"

I tell Lachlan I'm going to get food and encase myself in dirt. I run downstairs, stomach rumbling. I go into the kitchen to see a few boxes of pizza, grabbing three slices and running back upstairs.

"Hey! I'm back!" I say into the mic, taking a bite of pizza.

"Whatcha got there?" Lachlan asks.

I turn on my video and show him the pizza for a second.

"Lucky!" Lachlan says and laughs.

I set the pizza down, ready to continue UHC.

"So, you wanna go start hunting people?" I ask Lachlan.

Right as I'm saying this, something pops up in chat. 'Compasses are now live' it says.

"Right on que!" Lachlan says joyfully.

I laugh and pull out my compass, seeing the nearest team.

Nearest Team: "RealTBNRKenworth & Chocothechocobo"

"Should we hunt them down?" I ask Lachlan.

"Yeah. They are pretty good at UHC. We should kill them now so we don't have to worry about them later." He replies, eating a piece of steak.

We head out. It takes about five minutes for us to find the ravine that they have set up shop in.

Lachlan and I watch Choco and Kenny from afar, who were at the bottom of the ravine, smelting iron. I felt bad as I saw they only had chestplates. They were sadly the unlucky team, and I felt bad that I had to kill them. We then slowly ascended the pit of darkness, creating a staircase in the wall of the cavern.

We finally make it to the level they are, only a thin stone wall separating us.

I slowly break the two block separating us, being as quiet as I can. We charge in, killing the two with a swing of the sword. They had low health. Lachlan and I gather the small amount of loot they had, and make our way back up to the surface, ready to target our next team.