chapter 6

Gwen arrived back into her dimension grining from cheek to cheek knowing that now she could go and see her best friend at any opportunity and Miles could see her any time. She strolled down the streets towards her bands lead singer em Jay's House as she stored all the bands equipment as she had the most space and turned her homes garage into there own little practice area. When she arrived Em Jay was getting everything set up and noticed Gwen arriving and the 1st thing em Jay noticed was the grin gwen had on her face she's just had to ask so Gwen what's got you in such a good mood tonight. Gwen not even realising how big her smile was said I just woke up this morning and felt in a good mood plus its also becuase we get to practice to make this gig we have coming up the best yet. Em Jay grined a little becuase she had a secret to tell the band about this gig when the rest of the band turned up Em Jay revealed that this gig was actually a battle of the bands contest and there was a cash prize of $3000 for the winner of the contest. So Em went on for about 10 minutes explaining that the rules were each band had to perform 2 songs one cover of any song they wanted but the second had to be an original. Now I know we usually do covers so for now we will focus on nailing our cover which was unanimously agreed would be past malones take what you want. For over an hour they practice nailing every bit of the song Gwen as usual had perfected the timing with the drums with ease and so did the rest of the band. However they discussed what there original song they couldn't think of anything until Gwen who was usually the quiet one spoke up and said I think we should try something different then what we usually do. The rest of the band loved the idea but Em Jay actually wanted to add more to this idea she turned to Gwen and said I've herd you sing and you have a great voice so I would like you to be on lead vocal when we make this. Without thinking Gwen said yes now that they had worked out who do what in a small change to there usually set up to give them more chance to win they all said there goodbyes and went home. When Gwen arrived home she went to her room lay on her bed and started to type into her gizmo a message which she sent to Miles saying that she was again sorry that she couldn't stay. After she sent this message she started to note down some ideas for lyrics she could use in the song she would be performing. 5 minutes later Gwen felt a a vibration some from her gizmo and saw that she had a reply from Miles saying that she didn't need to apologise and that it was great to see her again after so long he added that I just wish you were 2 days earlier so I could of done that drawing of you correctly with the new hairdo you have which suits you really good btw he added. Gwen smiled when she noticed Miles said he likes her haircut and replied maybe u could do a new sketch then with a laughing emoji and she also said that this time I'm letting you like my haircut with a smile at the end before sending back. Miles replied back again well I'm glad I'm allowed to like it Gwanda and was wondering if you free on the weekend if you would like to hang out. She quickly replied back saying of course I would like to spiderboy but make it my dimension since I've been to yours now twice and bring your suit as I'm giving you a tour of my New York. Miles responded instantly saying cool was going to suggest your dimension anyways. Gwen instantly replied with a thumbs up and saying see you Saturday. She then looked up with a huge smile on her face thinking about what she could suggest to do.