003. a admission

GLEE — THE RHODES NOT TAKEN

Mason walked into the Ray household exchanging hugs with both Charlie and Elara before he joined Holden on the couch pulling her into a tight embrace and pulling her into his arms as he lay against the soft couch

"We're heading to the store, do you need anything?" Elara asks warmly, "pickles please" she calls making her parents nod laughing before they both kissed her head and did the same to Mason before leaving.

"Pickles?" Mason questions with a scrunched nose, "you fucking hate pickles" he said and Holden sighed knowing now would be the best time to tell him.

She nodded, "I need to tell you something" she began, "but I don't want you to hate me," she admits and Mason turns her head to face him directly.

"I could never hate you Donie," he said so softly that she nodded, "you can tell me anything. Always," he reassured.

She took a deep breath, "I'm pregnant" she said so softly she wasn't sure he heard her, but the sixteen year old did. "I'm so, so sorry Mase. I never planned this, and I get it if you hate me" she whispered.

"Why are you apologising?" He questions cupping her face, "you have nothing to apologise for" he promised.

Holden looked at him questioningly, "but I'm pregnant?" The confusion on her face made Mason snort as he softly pecked her lips.

"You are," he agreed, "we are young and we may not have planned this. But I love you Holden, always will. I'm not in love with you, but I love you and am going to support you in everything." He said placing a hand on her non-existent stomach. "I'm going to be a dad?" He questions excitedly and a bright grin over took his face.

"You are," Holden confirms.

Charlie and Elara arrived back to see Holden sleeping as she was cuddled up to Mason, they knew she was a deep sleeper and smiled softly at the sight.

Mason upon seeing them smiled softly, "hey" he says and both send him soft smiles. "So your grandparents," he says cheekily.

"Watch it young man," Charlie threatens but the grin on his face shows he's not really angry, "you excited about being a dad?" He asks placing a soft kiss on his daughters head before sitting next to Mason.

"Yeah," Mason admits, "scared shitless that I'll mess up. My dad wasn't much of a dad, and I don't want to be like him. But you've been a good father figure, so hopefully I won't screw up too much" he said running a hand through the blonde hair on his chest.

"You won't screw up sweetheart," Elara reassured, "you may make mistakes but we'll be behind you both every step of the way. How's your mom doing?" She asks in reference to his mom's cancer.

"Not good," he answers, "it's not looking good. Hopefully she'll be able to meet her grand baby before it happens," he answers having come to terms with the fact his mom Aspen would be going soon.

"Where will you go after?" Charlie asks as he placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder and squeezed softly. "Aren't your other family in Paris?"

"Yeah," he sighs. "Aunt Maggie lives in Paris, I don't know what I'd do if I have to go there. I want to be here for my baby, and for Donie" he admits.

"We'll figure it out," Elara promised, "now you need to tell your mom as soon as possible. I've booked a appointment at the doctors for a scan, to see how long it's been. We'll go to that, and get a scan you can show Aspen" she said kindly. Mason nodded and the three settled into comfortable silence, the only noise the film playing quietly.