014. a intervention

GLEE — HOME

Quinn had seen Mercedes and knew that she was thinking of drinking the most unhealthy drink in the world to lose weight and she wanted to help the girl and so she and her sister made a plan to show Mercedes she was beautiful as she was

The three girls were sat in the living room of the Ray home, Mason was out with his mom buying things for Asher. While Charlie and Elara were at a business convention at a exclusive hotel in Columbus where they would be staying for a few nights.

"Jewel," Holden began taking Mercedes hand, "you are beautiful and don't need to do this. You are sixteen years old Cedes, and fucking perfect. Your confidence is the thing I always admired about you, yet here you are trying to fit in with everyone else. So what, you aren't a size two, you don't need to be one" she stressed and Mercedes laughs bitterly.

"Cedes," Quinn began, "god I've struggled with my body image so much. I used to be bigger than what I am, and I then lost all my weight and got a nose job bleached my hair. But for a long time I was happier how I was, because I didn't let others control me. Stereotypes to rule me, but I changed.

But now I have bubs, and am going to be a mom I've come to realise that those expectations I put on myself were so unhealthy, and I hope my baby never feels the way I did in the past. Yes, I'm in a much better place now but it was down to me opening up to my sister, to mom and dad. I just don't want to see you go through what I did," Quinn said.

Holden beamed at Quinn calling her parents mom and dad she'd done it a few times subconsciously, and when she said it for the first time to Charlie and Elara they both began crying which both pregnant girls soon joined in on. Since then, she doesn't call them anything but and when she used it so casually in conversation it made Holden swell with pride.

"Thank you," Mercedes murmured and both blondes sent her smiles, "do you want Chinese? We were going to order some, and I was going to invite Tina and Rachel over too."

"What about Santana and Brittany?" Mercedes asks, "I'll invite them," Quinn said wanting to rebuild her friendship with the other members of the 'unholy trinity' back up.

"Sure," Mercedes nods and Holden grabs her phone inviting the others and asking for their orders and getting Santana and Brittany's at the same time. Ordering them, and soon enough the Ray house was filled with the glee girls.

"Want to watch a film?" Quinn asks and all nod, "have you watched any Marvel films?" She asks brightly, she had very much become obsessed with the franchise since moving into the Ray house. At mainly negatives, she chose to put on the first film in the timeline order and by the end of the night they had gotten up too the second Iron Man having had Mason join them from the first.

Kurt accosted Holden during the week, "Holden you were the one to help redo Rachel's room weren't you?" He asks, earning a positive. The pair had decided on a off-white wall colour, and filled the room with accents of colour from prints. It had a lot of plants, mostly fake but the type that looked real and so much more. It was grown up, but also held a Rachel quality with Broadway poster prints shrank down.

"Yeah," Holden agreed, "would you help me re do my room?" Kurt asks hesitantly, to which Holden agrees.

Recently she had picked up on the fact that something was messing with Kurt's head and she hoped to help him with whatever it was. When she arrived at the house, his dad was the one to open the door "hi, I'm Holden and am here to see Kurt?" She says softly.

"I'm Burt," he offers and invited her in, "he'll be in his room in the basement" he said and Holden nodded taking the stairs down to Kurt's room.

"Hey," she said walking down and pulling Kurt in for a hug, "wait what's wrong Kurtie?" She asks noting his tears, as she pulled him to sit down next to her.

"I set my dad up with Carole Hudson," Kurt begins, "and I'm happy for my dad. He is so happy, and when we all went to Breadstix him and Finn began talking football and I-"

"You felt left out?" Holden observes, "Kurt just know if you four become a family. It doesn't mean your dad loves you any less, yeah he may bond Finn differently to how you are bonded with him but he is still your dad and you still have the incredible relationship you have already. Finn, has spent a lot of time at my house with Quinn. Our dad is being there for him, but you can see how much he values that fatherly relationship, but he needs a dad too.

It has always been him and Carole, he's never had a dad because he was young when his dad passed. And there is always a chance for you to bond with Carole in a way he can't. There is no point dwelling, yeah Finn and Burt may bond over sports but that doesn't make your relationship with your dad any less meaningful.

You have a better understanding of the stuff Carole likes, and could bond with her in a way Finn hasn't yet do you think he would find a issue with that?"

"No," Kurt admits, "Finn is a nice guy he would probably encourage it. Because it would make her and me happy," was added. "Yet I'm trying to stand in the way of that happiness that Finn and my dad could have if they bond. I could never take an interest in sports for my dad, it is not me."

"So?"

Kurt takes a deep breath, "I need to apologise for my dad. Now, help me plan my new room?"

Holden nodded, "would Finn move in with you or get a spare room?" She asks interested, "because Finn has said his mom is planning on selling their house so I'm assuming they would be moving in here?"

"Dad has asked me," Kurt admitted, "and I was thinking share down here but I need my own space and cannot share with a football obsessed boy that is in a relationship. So a spare room upstairs, wait will you help me do a room for him to show we are embracing the whole family thing?"

"Definitely," Holden agreed with a smile before she went to the swatches Kurt had for his room which made the blonde smile.