011. a little sportstar

GLEE — SECTIONALS

Holden was sat in the choir room as they all waited for Mr Schue to arrive with his replacement

Holden was sat in the choir room as they all waited for Mr Schue to arrive with his replacement. Mason was sat next to her, rubbing soothing patterns on her bump.

He wasn't a member of glee, and never would be- but he sat in some of the time, to be close to his baby and Holden. As he continued the pattern, both Holden and Mason felt a kick directly under where he was rubbing and turned to one another to check they felt it too, Holden burst into tears and turned to Quinn taking her hand and placing it where her baby had just kicked.

"Come on bubs," Holden whispered, "do it for auntie Quinn," she said and the baby listened kicking once more. Causing Quinn to burst into tears as she placed Holden's hand on her bump where the blonde felt the same thing happen.

The two pregnant girls were a mess of emotions, and when Mason placed his hand on Holden's bump once more the baby kicked again and the kicks followed where either Holden or Mason placed their hands.

"We have a little sports star," Mason said gleefully and got his friends to come and feel how strong his son was. That was the scene Mr Schue and Miss Pillsbury walked into, "guys?"

"Sorry," Holden said apologetically, "the babies have both began kicking. Like a few minutes ago," she said and Mr Schue sent her a soft smile. "Well if that isn't good luck, I don't know what is. But could I have everyone's attention?" Mr Schue said, and the club turned to the front.

"I have found my replacement. So give it up for Miss Pillsbury," Mr Shue said as he began to clap, the students following along- though it didn't seem wholehearted. They were all disappointed to see Mr Schue go from Glee, he was their teacher from the beginning after all.

And it felt wrong to do this big thing without him there, "so, do you even know anything about music?" Santana asked her with furrowed brows as she twirled her dark hair between her fingers.

"What's important is that she cares about you guys every bit as much as I do. Now, I don't know what the future holds for me, and for us, but I know, Saturday, you're going to make me proud. You guys are going to be great. So, goodbye for now," Mr Schue said, his voice full of all types of emotions.

"Wait— what about our set list?" Mercedes asked before Mr Schue left the room. "I can't help you with that," Mr Schue said. He truly was leaving which Holden didn't really believe until then. "You've got to figure that out for yourselves," He finished his sentence before he left the room, all of the teenagers feeling left in the dark as he did.  

"Well, we have to do Proud Mary in wheelchairs. That's in," Artie announced as he turned his head. "And Don't Stop Believing for sure," Finn added with a smile.  

"What about the ballad?" Tina asked.  

"I would be thrilled to contribute a ballad from my repertoire," Rachel said as she walked herself towards the front, Holden just continuing to have a hand on her bump as Mercedes stood from her seat.  

"You know what, Miss Bossy Pants? Enough. I've worked just as hard as you, and I'm just as good as you. You always end up stealing the spotlight," Mercedes announced as she inched closer towards Rachel, and Miss Pillsbury, with hands on her hips for that extra sass.  

"Mercedes, do you honestly think you're as strong of a balladeer as I am?" Rachel asked. "Of course she is. She's Mercedes she has the lungs of a God," Holden replied absently to Rachel, still playing with her bump.

"Why don't you let Mercedes give it a try?" Miss Pillsbury asked Rachel. "Thanks, Miss P," Mercedes said. Rachel began to sit down, "do I even need to tell you what song?" Mercedes asked.

As Mercedes got into the song, Holden stood up along with Mason, Matt and Mike cheering on her friend. She truly did have the lungs of a God. Soon they were all stood and clapping from the amazing vocals from Mercedes.

"Thoughts?" She asked as Rachel walked towards her. "It's clear the room adores you. And, although, it wouldn't be my first choice, well— I can't wait to see you sing that song at Sectionals. You are amazing, Mercedes and you deserve it. I'm gonna hug you know," Rachel said as they joined in a hug together, Holden smiling at the fond moment and Mason wiped a few stray tears.

Hormones were a bitch.

Finn was late to sectionals, why nobody knew. Not even Quinn, who just shrugged when it was asked where he was. As the club tried deciding on a new set list for their performance when all their songs were stolen by both glee clubs who'd already performed.

"—I have one. I found the sheet music online. I used the Cheerios' copier to make copies and I trashed the thing," Finn said as he walked in, "where have you been man?"

"Not important," Finn dismissed and Holden glanced at Quinn who sent a subtle nod saying they were fine so it was nothing to do with that. "Mike, Matt, Brittany, Santana, you're our best dancers. Figure something out and we'll all follow your lead," Finn told the four. "You too Holden, but don't strain yourself too much" he said and the blonde joined the group.

"It's going to be choppy," Mike reminded Finn, Finn smiled and nodded his head. "Good. We're best when we're loose. Look, all we have going for us is we believe in ourselves and what we're singing about. If we can show the judges that— we might have a shot at this thing."

Proud couldn't cover how Holden felt when the New Directions stepped off stage. They had their set list stolen, yet still managed to pull together and perform three songs that seemed as if they were practicing for months.

Holden stood next to Matt as the glee club hid their first place trophy. "Well, we have a few things we'd like to show you, Mr Schue," Finn said as Mr Schue stood in front of them all. "The first—" Finn said before he moved, Holden smiling brightly along with the others as they all moved to reveal the trophy.

Mr Schue began to laugh as he stared at it. "I am so proud of you guys. You won fair and square. The result was unanimous, and the judges didn't even know about all the shenanigans that were going on behind the scenes. So, congratulations. You earned this," Everyone clapped after Mr Schue gave his motivational speech.

Holden glanced around at her friends and saw Quinn looking up at Finn before nudging him slightly, his arm wrapping around her shoulder gently. "But— now we have Regionals to worry about. And you can bet that Vocal Adrenaline is hard at work, so we should be, too. So, let's get started," Mr Schue said before Puck said, "There's one more thing."

Rachel soon replied with, "since you weren't able to be there to see us perform, we put together a special number just for you."