035. the first steps

GLEE - SEXY

The Ray house was filled with members of the family for a Sunday lunch, ranging from those that lived in the house (Holden, Mason, Asher, Quinn, Beth, Elara and Charlie) to the Evans family, the Puckerman trio (Puck, Bonnie and Sarah), Rachel, the...

The Ray house was filled with members of the family for a Sunday lunch, ranging from those that lived in the house (Holden, Mason, Asher, Quinn, Beth, Elara and Charlie) to the Evans family, the Puckerman trio (Puck, Bonnie and Sarah), Rachel, the Smythe family of four and the Chang family of three and then Matt and his dad.

When these family occasions began happening, none could pinpoint. But it could possibly be since Christmas Day when the same group of people crowded around the barn style large table in the dining room.

Through these interactions Holden has grown close to both Mr and Mrs Chang who are surprisingly happy and supportive of the relationship between Mike and Holden. Something the blonde hadn't expected, having convinced herself that it wasn't just potential partners that would judge her for having a son, but also her potential partners family and friends. 

However, that wasn't the case with the Senior Chang's. They treated the blonde like their own, and treated Asher in a way similar to Elara and Charlie which Holden appreciated greatly.

"So Regionals is next month?" Julia asks interested knowing how much Glee meant to her son, "it is in a little under a month" Rachel says. "Make sure you get me a ticket Michael when they're being sold," Michael Senior says with a smile at his son that Mike returns.

Especially after Holden links their hands under the table and squeezes her boyfriends hand, knowing how much his dad showing an interest would mean currently.

After the plates were cleared and all the teens cleared the table, with everyone putting effort into cleaning it as the parents relaxed with a glass of wine or whatever they were drinking in the large living room.

As Holden came into the living room she took a seat on the floor and everyone turned to see Asher as he struggled to get onto unsteady legs from his all four position too the left of his mom.

Holden caught Mason's eyes and he quickly fell into a spot next to her and both parents called words of encouragement towards their son as he made unsteady steps too the pair of proud parents, with Mike stood behind Asher incase he fell backwards.

When Asher reached his mom, Holden scooped her son into her arms and began mumbling words of pure pride as everyone else began sharing smiles at the simple but monumental moment.