007. joining glee

GLEE — WHEELS

The two blondes walked into glee club holding hands, and all blinked in surprise "Holden wants to audition for Glee as long as it's not too late?" Quinn asks

Holden was wearing a brown midi dress with white polka dots. Her bump was still barley there but there was a bit off one with white trainers, her blonde her straightened.

"Of course not," Mr Schue reassured, "we need one more girl to have a even number of both genders" he adds on to what he said and all nodded.

Quinn kissed Holden's cheek before going to sit down, she helped the blue eyed beauty with the song and dancing but Holden chose to perform by herself. 'What a Girl Wants' by Christina Aguilera began allowing Holden to take her place.

"I wanna thank you for giving me time to breathe
Like a rock, you waited so patiently
While I got it together, oh
While I figured it out (yeah-yeah)
I only looked but I never touched
'Cause in my heart was a picture of us
Holdin' hands, makin' plans
And it's lucky for me you understand
What a girl wants, what a girl needs
Whatever makes me happy sets you free
And I'm thanking you for knowing exactly
What a girl wants, what a girl needs
Whatever keeps me in your arms
And I'm thanking you for giving it to me
What I want, is what you got
And what you got, is what I want"

As she sang she performed the dance from the video, and all were impressed with her breath control and the way she managed to sing the song itself. Other dancers like Mike, Matt, Niall as well as Santana, Brittany and Quinn got up to dance with Holden as she did so.

Mr Schuester began clapping as the song ended, "welcome to glee club Miss Ray," he says and Holden smiled taking a seat next to Quinn.

"We're doing a new number for Sectionals. I know that pop songs have sort of been our signature pieces, but I did a little research on past winners, and it turns out that the judges like songs that are more accessible. Stuff they know! Uh, standards, Broadway," Mr Schuester explained as he handed out the sheets.

" 'Defying Gravity'? I have an iPod shuffle dedicated exclusively to selections from Wicked. This is amazing," Kurt said in a whimsical tone as he stared at the music sheet.

"Think you can handle it, Rachel?" Mr Shue asked causing Holden to look towards Kurt then Mr Schue. Niall had told her about Mr Schue's bias- but this was unbelievable to the sweet blonde.

Why didn't everyone have a equal opportunity?

"It's my go-to shower song. It's also my ringtone," Rachel told him as she looked through the lyrics. "Why do we have to go all vanilla on this song? See, what we need is my chocolate thunder!" Mercedes stated, Holden nodded her head before high-fiving Mercedes.

"Yeah we do," she confirmed as she held onto Mercedes hand. "We don't have time to rearrange a song for you, Mercedes. Rachel is singing it. Don't worry, we'll find something for you to dip in chocolate," Mr Schuester explained before the teenagers, and him, laughed.

"Onto item two; the school won't pay for the special bus we need to take Artie, and his wheelchair, with us to Sectionals," Schue announced, Artie's smile dropped and Holden felt mad for him, immediately.

"W-What?" Tina stuttered, upset about the situation.

"That's completely unfair," Rachel added.  

"So, we're going to have to raise money to pay for it ourselves. See, when I was in Glee Club, and we needed new silk cummerbunds for Regionals, we held a bake sale," Mr Schuester said before scattered laughter was heard.

Holden furrowed her brow at the majority of the clubs laughter, what was wrong with raising money for their friend to travel with them? She noticed Quinn, Mike, Matt and Niall all seemed to have the same outrage she held.

Artie was a member of the team, how fair would it be for them all to travel together. Leaving him travelling alone, due to something out of his control.

"You're joking, right? I mean, bake sales are kind of bougie," Santana said as she flicked her black hair around, squinting her eyes. "So hip people stopped eating delicious, sugary treats?" Mr Schue asked.  

"It's not that. It's most of us don't know how to bake, I find recipes confusing," Brittany said, her voice always sounding optimistic and sweet. "My family is fully committed to takeout," Rachel announced as she pointed towards herself.

"Can't Artie's dad just take him?" Mercedes asked. "I can't believe how insensitive you're all being. Are you a team?" Mr Schue asked, Holden frowned as she looked over at Artie's aura of sadness.

"Of course! But Artie understands, don't you, Artie?" Santana asked as she turned to him. "Oh, of course," Artie said, Holden not buying it for a moment. "It's cool. Anything that takes away our time from rehearsing doesn't serve the team."

After Mr Schue agreed to Kurt auditioning for the Wicked solo, he turned the conversation back to the problem of the bus to regionals.

Holden raised her hand, "me and Quinn work at my moms cafe and we put a note on the tip jar about helping to pay for the bus. It is $140 I think?" She offers and hands him the envelope, "it's not much but better than nothing" she adds.

"Thank you Holden and Quinn," Mr Schue said warmly and took the envelope before Holden went back to sit next to Quinn and taking Niall's hand into hers as she played with his many rings.

Artie turned to the two blondes, "yeah thank you. Both of you," he said sincerely. They sent him beaming smiles that was returned and others in glee began feeling guilty about how little they considered Artie's feelings.