016. finding their voice

GLEE — LARYNGITIS

Mr Schue stood in front of the glee club unimpressed, "we have six weeks until Regionals and as a club we have lost our voice

Mr Schue stood in front of the glee club unimpressed, "we have six weeks until Regionals and as a club we have lost our voice. So the assignment this week is to find your voice," he instructed.

"Solos?" Kurt asks, Mr Schue nods in agreement and all begin discussing what they want to do as a solo.

Holden turns to Rachel with concern obvious, "Star what's wrong? Your voice is really scratchy as you talk," she asks and the brunette sighs.

"I think I've got laryngitis" she admits sadly and Holden takes her hand and soothingly rubs circles on her friends wrist. "My dads are away on another cruise, and I hate it when I'm ill" she adds tiredly.

"How about we ditch the rest of school? I'm really tired, and could do without trigonometry so do you want to go to yours, get some soothing foods and watch some films?"

Rachel nods gratefully, when the glee session had ended Holden let Mason know she was going to Rachel's and she'll be missing the rest of school. He nodded and gave her a tight hug before she and the brunette linked arms and walked out towards the blonde's car.

They arrived at the Berry household pretty quickly due to the lack of traffic and both quickly collapsed on the couch and began watching old episodes of Victorious and ate the food they picked up on the way.

Holden making sure Rachel was drinking enough fluids, "Rache I don't think you should come to school for the rest of the week. Take the week off and rest your voice, this weeks glee assignment is nothing special and if you want to be involved help me pick a song.

The blonde walked into glee and sat between Matt and Mike and Niall was next to Matt. "I have my song" Quinn says softly, and Mr Schue nods stepping aside to let her take her place.

Brad began playing 'Gravity' by Sara Bareilles and Holden cried as her sister sang, she knew how much her sister kept emotions hidden but the baby had really helped her become one with her emotions and Quinn singing so openly was something Holden was proud of her sister for.

"That was beautiful Quinn," Mr Schue complimented as the whole club clapped for the green eyed blonde. "Any one else?"

Holden took a deep breath, "I have something" she said. Taking a steadying breath before she took her place, and waited for the guitar to begin.

Another red letter day
So the pound has dropped and the children are creating
The other half ran away
Taking all the cash and leaving you with the lumber
Got a pain in the chest
Doctors on strike what you need is a rest
It's not easy love, but you've got friends you can trust
Friends will be friends
When you're in need of love they give you care and attention
Friends will be friends
When you're through with life and all hope is lost
Hold out your hand 'cause friends will be friends
Right till the end
Now it's a beautiful day
The postman delivered a letter from your lover
Only a phone call away
You tried to track him down but somebody stole his number
As a matter of fact
You're getting used to life without him in your way
It's so easy now, 'cause you got friends you can trust
Friends will be friends
When you're in need of love they give you care and attention
Friends will be friends
When you're through with life and all hope is lost
Hold out your hand 'cause friends will be friends
Right till the end
It's so easy now, 'cause you got friends you can trust
Friends will be friends
When you're in need of love they give you care and attention
Friends will be friends
When you're through with life and all hope is lost
Hold out your hand friends will be friends
Right till the end
Friends will be friends
When you're in need of love they give you care and attention
Friends will be friends
When you're through with life and all hope is lost
Hold out your hand 'cause right till the end, friends will be friends
Yeah, yeah

Once she finished the glee club once more erupted into cheers, and Holden took a mock bow before she retook her seat.

As she sat Mike lent towards her, "is Rache better?" He asks genuine concern in his voice, "she has laryngitis so, I made sure she took the week off to rest her voice. If you want you could go and see her after school?" She suggests and Mike agrees.

Throughout the rest of the week, Santana and Mercedes decided to do a duet of 'When You Believe' which blew everyone away. Artie and Puck did a rendition of 'Classic' which got everyone up and dancing and Puck also did a solo of WYOCMWYH.

All in all the week was very productive and Rachel came back stronger than ever, with a performance of 'Titanium' which everyone applauded and congratulated her for.