037. a cousins hurt

GLEE - A NIGHT OF NEGLECT

"What's wrong Sammie?" Holden asks her cousin softly as they watched reruns of the Office

"What's wrong Sammie?" Holden asks her cousin softly as they watched reruns of the Office. "I don't know what to do Holly," Sam admitted.

"With?" She asks muting the show and taking Sam's hand into her own, the blonde begging to rub soothing circles on the back of the hand.

Sam took a deep breath, and Holden saw that he was thinking of what next he'd sat carefully. "At the party last month," he began recalling the early March party at the Berry house, "something happened between Blaine and I" he confessed.

Holden squeezed his hand and sent a small nod, so he knew to continue "it seems so stupid now. But we kissed, and not just in the Spin the Bottle game. After too. And I-"

"You liked it?" Holden finished for him and Sam just nodded, "do you like him- Blaine?" She asks her cousin kindly.

Sam immediately nodded, "so much Hol. We click, and I like him as more than a friend. But he told me clearly that he likes me and Kurt and I don't know what to do. Kurt is my friend, and I know he likes Blaine and if he knew that something had happened between me and Blaine. It would hurt him. I don't want to hurt Kurt," was the broken reply.

"You are a good person Sam, and the type of person to step aside to let someone else have happiness and not yourself. You are the most kind hearted and unselfish person I have ever met. But you can't stop yourself from letting something happen with Blaine at someone else's benefit. You need to be selfish once in a while," Holden said honestly.

"But Kurt-"

"-is a big boy. You can't make this decision for Blaine, but you can't let him think you don't care. Because then Blaine will pick Kurt, and that could lead to both of them being unhappy as well as yourself. You need to tell Blaine that you like him, and then let Blaine make the decision between you and Kurt. He may pick you, he may not. Just don't hide your feelings for someone else's sake, or Blaine will make a uninformed decision."

"Do I tell Kurt that I have feelings for the guy he likes? Or do I leave it," Sam asks after considering Holden's words.

Holden hums thoughtfully, "that's your decision to make honey. But Blaine needs to be honest with Kurt and tell him that he is confused, otherwise that isn't fair on Kurt either."