Chapter 28: The Cats Out the Bag

As if it were in a movie, the crowd gasped and I could see the stage crew freaking out. Scarlett's group stopped dancing and froze on stage. Murmurs from the crowd arose and stage crew lifted Scarlett up from the floor as she continued screaming at the top of her lungs. I watched as she threw her head back and hot tears streamed down her face with the crew carrying her bridal style. The loud eruption of noise caused students from the dressing rooms to crowd the stage wings. The crew struggled to get her out the flooded wings and into an open space.

"Chanel!" Megan yelled.

"What did you do!" Kayla asked, out of breath because of the commotion.

I felt my eyes fill up with tears. I couldn't bare watching someone suffer in pain that I caused. "I did it! Don't tell any please! Please!"

"What did you do?" They asked in unison. I caught my breathe and told them the story. They didn't look the least bit sympathetic to my actions. I REALLY screwed up this time. In the heap of the moment, I ran out to where Scarlett was with a stage crew member examining her foot. It was terrible. I saw her pure white dance shoe that had a big dark red spot in the arch of the shoe. I laid eyes on her wailing on the floor with now standby emergency paramedics trying to remove the glass out her foot. I didn't realize how bad a quarter of an inch of glass could cause so much blood. The sight made me utterly HATE myself. Maybe Roc was right. I am changing.

'You've changed Chanel! You're just not the same anymore! I liked the old you! It feels like all you worry about is Kayla and Megan and sabbatogging Scarlett!'

I've created a monster.

December 25th, 2012- 8 a.m

"Ok, you might wanna open up this one at the same time!" Layla suggested.

"Ok! One, two, three!" Jacob and I said in unison. We ripped our festive wrapping to see the Jordan's sign on a box. We opened the box and it wasn't nothing but the Bred 11's.

"Aww! Thanks mommy and daddy!" I hugged and kissed the, sounding like a little girl who just got a Barbie.

"Yeah, thanks! I've been wanting these since they came out!" Jacob thanked.

"Yeah that was like 2 hunnit a piece!" My father replied sarcastically.

"Alright Chanel. You have like 3 left." I grabbed another gift under the tree that was fairly small. I unwrapped it and an iPhone 5 box laid in my hands. A smile grew on my face as I thanked my parents for my generous gift. I opened my last two gifts and I got new solo beats and bath and body works set.

Once we were done unwrapping gifts, I took all of my items to my room. I sat at the edge of my bed looked at all the things I take for granted. I got bred 11's, beats, bath and body works set, Iphone 5, studded Steve Maddens, 3 pairs of converse, $500 cash, some more Jordan's, gift cards, practically a whole new wardrobe and the list goes on and on. Maybe I am a spoiled bitch. I take everything for granted and I cut people with glass.

I booted up my new phone and used iCloud to transfer everything to my new one.. Once everything was setup, I opened up Instagram and saw that Megan got some clothes, jewelry, and shoes. I scrolled past dozens of photos of Christmas presents till I stopped at one that caught my eye. It was a photo of a girl laying in bed; one foot with a bred 11 on it and the other with a hot pink cast on it by 'Starlett_Scarlett'. The caption read "Bred 'Eleven' on Christmas! #castlife". I giggled at the humor but then it dawned on me that I was the cause of all of this. I shouldn't be laughing at all.

After everything went downhill at the recital, Mrs.Burns apologized for the interruption and started the curtain call. After the show, Scarlett went to the emergency room and my family went to Bennihannas. The news quickly spread about Scarlett's cut in her foot and before everyone left to go home, they announced that after break they'd find out how glass got into her shoe. And if nobody came clean, everybody would have after school detention for a week. I decided I'd come clean the first day we go back. This is something I created and the truth can only set you free...right?