Chapter 20: Rumor Me, Rumor You Part 2

The rumor continued. People actually believed that it was true. How could these people be so gullible? But the part that perplexed me the most was, the fact that teachers even started to believe it! Every once in a while, a teacher that was either mine or not, put on a discussed face shook their head slowly. When I walk the halls, people make pouty faces at me and rub their stomachs like a pregnant lady. One time, somebody even gave me a baby name book and said "you might need that." in the most sarcastic, rude way. But the best part of it was, I know whose behind this, and I'm stayin' leveled but watch, somebody's in for something.

Ever since the rumor began, Roc and I haven't been as close as we were. I don't know, he just seems more..distant. The hugs aren't the same...the kisses aren't the same...I don't know but maybe it's just me. You know, cause of this "baby" rumor and stuff...

4 days later- 6th period passing period

I roamed the halls waiting for the 'wanna be's' to enter biology class. They'd be the perfect people to keep my operation in motion. They came in my direction and I stopped them in between their gossip. I think it was about the false pregnant rumor about me cause they tried to play it off like they hadn't been talking about me. I could just sense it.

"Hey wanna b-" I started. "I mean Cyrstal, Carol, and Carly." Ugh, I hate saying their names altogether; it sounded like a mother of triples named them. I nervously giggled trying to hide the fact I almost called them wanna be's. Luckily, they were too stupid and gullible to not even realize that.

"Heyy" they all said in unison.

"How's the baby?" Carly enthusiastically asked as if I really was pregnant.

"For the last time, I'm not pregnant!"

"It's ok to admit it, Chanel" Cyrstal sympathetically assured.

"Listen. I got some deep ish on someone..." I looked from left to right, like a drug dealer before giving the customers their drugs.

"Ooo!!" they once again said in unison. Then Carol looked from left to right just as I did with a little smirk growing on her face.

"How many gossip points?" Carol hustled. My initial reaction was disbelief that they really do that stupid gossip points thing. Wow..that's so middle school. But I had to play along if I wanted my plan to work.

"Umm..."I pondered for a moment. " 10!" I offered.

"Ehh..that's not juicy enough...15 would be scandalous!! " Crystal replied.

"Ok, what the fuck ever, 15 gossip points! Woop-de-doo!" I sarcastically cheered. I was obviously done dealing with their minds of a 11 year old.

"lay it on us!" Carly whispered and brought us into a closer circle.

"Ok, but you can't say anything!"

"We promise!" They vowed, putting their right hand up. They must think I'm stupid or something cause I could clearly see that they crossed their fingers behind their legs, symbolizing they wouldn't keep the promise. As unusual as it sounds, Im glad they are breaking this promise; it would be in my favor.

"Well um, last night I was just chilling in my room when I got a text from Scarlett."

"Ooooo" they whispered.

"Yeah I know I hate that bitch. So, when I read the text...well first of all it wasn't even a text. It was a picture..." They gasped dramatically.

"What was it? What was it?!?" Carol eagerly whispered.

"Turns out... Scarlett was sex-ting the football players!" I saw 3 sets of blue eyes pop out of their eye sockets. Their adrenaline pumped through out their body and as they tried to keep up to what just happened.

"How do you know this?" asked Crystal.

"Well I think she accidentally tagged my number in the text. That's easy to understand because Chanel is close to Chase, you know the line backer."

"Ewwww she's a slut!" Carly said in disgust.

"That's what I thought-" the bell interrupted my sentence. "But you didn't hear it from me..." I deviously said as I slowly inched away from them and entered biology class.

"Under lock and key!" They said in unison...again.

I took my seat next to Roc and took out my notebook and pencil to work. Then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I swung my head around only to see curly locks and devilish eyes.

"What the fuck do you want Scarlett?"

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to ask how far along you are!" She smirked, giving me a glare. A few people around us laughed. But I wasn't gonna give her the satisfaction.

"And I wanted to ask you about that picture." I rose my voice after 'about' to get people's attention. I grabbed some people's attention and she looked bewildered. Perfect. "Yeah you know, the one with your boobs all out and biting you lip." Her face became shocked and it just was stuck like that; frozen. "Oh come on, you know the one you sent to ALL the football players? Don't be silly!" i was nearly yelling at this point. People around me also looked shocked and murmurs and gasps grew in the room; making the operation stay in motion.

I could tell Scarlett was scared evident because of her shakey voice and her face was uneasy. " W-what are you talking about? I-I never did that!"

"Oh really?" I started in my sarcasm voice. I took out my phone and went to a picture. Now, it obviously wasn't Scarlett but I just need to find a picture online that looked close enough to her. Luckily, I found one with curly hair and lips just like hers. "Then what do you call this?" I showed her the photo and more and more people filtered around went to see it. When they laid eyes on it, they went bananas! Guys were whistling and saying 'daaaaamn' and girls yelled 'ewwww' and make puking faces. And nobody could understand my victory at this point! I finally got this chick back! This was just great!

"How could you Chanel!!" I looked back and her face was bright red with tears of anger ready to Niagara fall from the rims of her eyes."Ohh you thought this was over!?! Think again bitch!!" Now the tears were crashing down her face onto the lab table. "Your in for something real good! And this time, I won't stop till' your DEAD!"

I nonchalantly blinked my eyes with absolutely no facial expression. My eyes went from left to right and I jerked my head forward. "Ok." I said in a way that showed her, her threats didn't phase me. I turned back around started taking notes that was already set up in the front of the classroom when our sub for the day walked in the classroom and introduced herself.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh. My. Gawwwd! Wtf...ok comment, vote, and fan if yu haven't already! #StayMindless 1-4-3 -Ash