Chapter 9: Snapbacks& Tattoos!

I don't understand why Scar was so surprise when she came over our house. Don't get me wrong, I am blessed enough to live in one of the most beautiful homes I've ever seen, but she was absoulutely stunned.  She came in and it was if she was in the White House; mouth dropped, eyes wide open and all! "Are you ok?", I asked. 

Scar: Yeah, but look at your home! Its beautiful!

Jacob: Thank you

Then Layla walked in with her normal smiley, happy face waiting to hear all the details about our 1st day of school, when she noticed Scarlett.

Layla: Hey how was your 1st day of- Oh hi! Whats your name? 

Scar: I'm Scarlett; Jacob and Chanel's friend from school. 

Scarlett puts her hand out to shake Layla's hand with a genuine smile on her face and Layla takes it and is pleasantly surprised by how presentable Scarlett showed herself.

Layla: Very nice to meet you and you are a very beautiful young lady.

Scar: Thank you

Jacob: Well mom Chanel, Scarlett, and I are going to hang outaround the house.

Chanel: yeah

Scar: Oh yeah and I have to leave at 3:30 because I have private lessons for lyrical dance. 

Layla: Are your parents coming to get you or do you need someone to take you home?

Scar: My mom is picking me up.

Layla: Ok have fun in the meanwhile

Layla u-turns towrds the living room till she stops again and looks back at us.

Layla: And keep the door open," says with a sassy tone.

Jacob: Of course

Layla: ok

She turns back around and continues walking as we run up the stairs to Jacobs room. 

Jacob: So this is my room and you can sit anywhere.

Scar and I sit on Jacobs bed and he sits in a bean bag.

Scar: Wow its nice in here

Jacob: Thank you

me: He always like to keep his room nice and clean. He's like a girl," I teased.

Jacob: What? I dont like smelly rooms and underwear everywhere

Scar: Thats a first I've heard from a boy

me: I know huh-

Jacob: Anyway! Scarlett what is your family like?

Scar: Umm...its very simple, I guess. Mom, dad, no siblings. My mom is a- nevermind.

Jacob and I give a confused face and look back at Scarlett.

Scar: Its just If I say something, Im afraid you guys will treat me differnently.

Jacob: Is it something bad?

Scar: No not at all its just I know if I tell someone, then they might take advantage of me and her connections.

me: Girl. My dad is an excecutive producer for compound records. I can get nearly any connection I want.

Scar: Oh...WAIT! Isn't Sierra Hemsway apart of compound records? (A/N: Sierra Hemsway is a made up pop/R&B singer)

Jacob: Yeah I think so

Scar: Oh my gosh! Thats freakin werid cuhs my mom is Sierra's manager!

Jacob&I: What?!?

Scar: Yeah! SO our parents kind of work together!