Chapter 5: A Deadly Encounter and an Unexpected Getaway

MAIN HUMAN CHARACTER POV

NORTH YORK, ONTARIO, CANADA

AN HOUR TO MIDNIGHT

"And that's the last of it," Kaito said, handing me a small box - though it was the size of a shoebox.

I glanced down at the cardboard, tightly wrapped in its plastic shipping cocoon. This was it - I'd finally obtained all the means for me to increase power.

"Thanks again so much," I replied gratefully. "Maybe you can come down sometime and we could attend a meetup, maybe even qualify for CSCS."

Kaito sighed sadly. "That would be beyond a dream come true, but I have to attend to my family's business. It's what means the most in life."

"Yeah, me too," I confided. "Well, call or email me if you got time! Have a good night."

"You too, my friend," Kaito replied, waving as I got into my car. I smirked at his Japanese accent - it was smooth and beautiful. After all, he is pure-blooded Japanese. I lived in Parkdale with my mom, but had come all this way up north since he was a special one who knew of a method to import premium car parts and sell them at half-price.

Shifting into first gear, I set off down the road on a long journey back down south. All I wanted was to hit the pillow, eat a hearty breakfast the following morning, and get to work. Yet as I turned onto the highway and turned up the radio to keep me awake, I had no idea I was about to cross paths with a group of colorful friendly beings that would change my life forever.

PONY CHARACTERS POV

BLOOR AND SPADINA AREA, ONTARIO, CANADA

"Fizzlepop, wake up, wake up!" Twilight pleaded, shaking her friend in a desperate bid to rouse her.

"Uuuuuuuunnnnnnngggggggghhhhhhh," Tempest groaned. "Wh-what was that? My head is so... fuzzy. I can barely make out anything."

"Wh-where are we?" came the faint voice of Rarity, and soon the others began to rise from their resting places.

"I don't recall the Crystal Empire having grass this short, or having houses that shabby," Applejack added, pointing across the street.

"A-a-and why is it s-s-so d-dark?" Fluttershy whimpered, still curled up. "It was daylight before we teleported..."

"Maybe we're just in a foreign city," Tempest theorized. "Like Klugetown."

"Come on, we've gotta find out our actual location," Twilight declared. "Let's move... quietly."

Picking themselves off the grass, the group - seven ponies, a hippogriff, and one little dragon - set off across the grassy area, only to come to a hard road moments later.

"What are those things?" Spike inquired, pointing to a lineup of large objects along the other side of the road.

"I don't know," Twilight admitted. "But they don't look alive, more technical. Much like our carriages, but in an enclosed design."

"Do you even think this is Equestria?" Skystar asked worriedly. "I've never seen anything like this before."

"It kinda does remind me of Klugetown," Tempest admitted. "The buildings do look worn-down and slightly shabby. Stay close everypony. This place doesn't look very trusting."

To the left the road split in two - one heading further down, the other straight up. The group stopped, still slightly unsure which path to take, until Rarity noticed a tall building in the distance.