Chapter 17: Interrogations, Resolutions, and Reunions

XAVIER POV

ROGERS DOME

Rodney and I stood by his motorcycle, unable to move or interfere as Tempest Shadow bravely took a stand against a whole group of cops, Pinkie and Skystar behind her. I almost broke loose when a single shot was fired, but Rodney held me back. Incredibly, they lowered their guns shortly afterwards as Tempest continued to speak. And then she requested something unbelievable:

"Give me every reason not to be a savage and I never will be one again. Ever."

My eyes threatened to pop out of my skull and I forcefully bit back a frightened gasp of shock. Tempest was actually asking the Toronto Police to leave her in peace – and on top that, advising them on unnecessary confrontational situations. However, my heart sank as I saw a handcuffed Zack being led away into one of the cop cars. He kept his head down, thus rendering him unable to see me from where he was. One cop shut the car door firmly and the others started to gather up and disperse.

Meanwhile, Pinkie and Skystar appeared to be having a long, heated talk with the aquarium staff. Once or twice Pinkie looked to be angrily calling out her friend, but for the most part things went well. Warming appearances played a huge factor, as the final words I heard confirmed that:

"I promise."

"Please?"

"Awww, alright. But don't' ever let me catch you pulling something like that again."

"We promise, with all our heart."

Pinkie then noticed me standing by the road and ran over faster than I could smile. In a second or two I found myself slammed on the rock-hard pavement with an adorable ball of loving pink fluff on top of me in a big hug and facial nuzzling gesture.

"You're okay!" she said tearfully.

"I should be the one asking that question!" I replied with a slight chuckle, easing back upright onto my haunches, 200-something pounds of Pinkie still in my lap. I gave her a big kiss on the cheek and Rodney nodded to me, then gestured behind me.

Across the street stood Twilight and Rainbow. I have no idea how long they'd been there, but likely they, like me, had opted to stay back and avoid disrupting the tense moment between Tempest and the cops. Pinkie then noticed and ran over to them, taking note of the road before racing across.

"Well, looks like all is okay here now," Rodney sighed with a smile, hopping back onto his bike.

"B-Breezy?" came a soft voice. I whipped around to see Tempest walking towards me, her solemn yet somewhat sorrowful face a far cry from the loud, aggressive, commanding posture and tone she'd used just minutes ago.

"I... I'm sorry, I had to..."

I threw my arms around my special somepony and hugged her close, feeling little tingles from her broken horn base and the warm rub of her blood, still fiery and rushing from the standoff. I knelt down and affectionately gripped her neck, fighting back tears.

"You know you've wanted somepony like. Love may not be really your thing, but your heart wants it. Know that there'll always be something new every day, and whatever it is, we'll get through it together. I know you're so mighty and strong, but try and follow my lead, alright? I'll always love you, Fizzy."

"I... I love you too, Breezy," Tempest replied, nuzzling my torso. Which caused me to jolt back in surprise.

"Hey, not so deep like that out here," I reprimanded. "Leave that for the bed tonight, alright?"

With a sly smile, Tempest gave a slight smile, then looked back as a couple cops approached her.

"I'm off to the police station. Skystar and I have an interrogation session which will determine a court case to settle the fiasco."