Chapter 31: Breezy Reveals the Plan

XAVIER POV

TORONTO STREETS

"Thank you, Breezy," Tempest said with a smile and a bipedal hug – and large ones at that.

"And thank you for keeping a good composure," I replied, returning the favor, as we walked out of the legal services building. The people there were kind enough to give Tempest a chance at getting a form and other papers to confirm her start of community service.

"So... where do you plan to carry this out?" Joyce asked as we drove home.

"I honestly don't know," Tempest confessed. "But I do believe I need some fresh air, and so I'll be heading out tomorrow out of the city."

"Where to?"

"Whereever I feel high and dry, but also tranquil and unbothered."

"Ah, all the same with muscular ol' Fizzy. Still a loner, eh?"

"If there's one whose company I wouldn't mind for a while, it'd be a respectful mid-size beast of nature, or Grubber – when he behaves himself. Or... you."

I had to blush at that: she actually enjoyed my company. It was better than sulking over the pain of her past alone, after all.

As we turned onto our home street, I noticed quite a few figures outside.

Pinkie was on her bike, trying to do a handstand over the handlebars, but kept flipping forward. Spike, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash were playing catch with a ball, and Rarity was... wait a minute.

Skystar's eyes were as wide as mine as we took in the reality of the sight before us. Rarity, the fashionista who hated dirt and unrefined items of uncouth ugliness, was dancing around on one of my boards. A quick glance at the deck revealed it wasn't my Element, nor Tempest's 9-ply. It was a signature white ZERO deck with a skull and blood-streak graphic, purple Thunder trucks, and white-and-blue Spitfire wheels. She'd even painted her cutie mark on the grip tape.

"Did you approve of this?" Joyce asked flatly.

"Absolutely not," I confided. "But it's too cool for me to care. She just needs to be reminded not to use items without permission."

I parked on the opposite side of the street and walked over, still in my handsome getup. Almost immediately Rarity stopped and walked over, flipping the board on its side to stop it rolling away.

"Oh, hi Xavier. You-you're back. What's the verdict?" she asked rather hurriedly. I had to smile as I could literally see the hearts in her eyes. I must've looked like some sort of heavenly being of sorts to her. But I had a point to make.

"Why did you take my skate parts?" I asked crossly. "This is the second time I've caught one of you using property without permission."

Before Rarity could say or do anything in return, Twilight teleported in a flash right in front of me and hugged my legs tightly.

"Xavier! Xavier I'm so sorry! Please... I was looking through your collection and I remembered watching you setup your board... so..."

"So you decided to try it yourself, huh?" I huffed, glaring down at her. "Without asking."

"Yes... I'm sorry, Xavier! Please don't leave me... please don't leave us."

I simply lifted my head and shot an accusative look at Rarity. "And then you got carried away with the finished product. Didn't you!"

Rarity simply nodded, and I sighed. "Twilight, get off me please and get inside." I turned to Rainbow Dash, Applejack, and Spike. "You three too. Where's Fluttershy?"